Company: Doctors Community Hospital
Posted on: February 6, 2024
This position description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to
the position. Position Summary
- Uses objective evaluation techniques to assess the physical
limitations and medical condition of patients;
- Prescribes and implements a treatment program which is designed
to return patients to their maximum level of function;
- Work collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary
health care team to maximize patient and team outcomes;
- Promotes improvement in service, department and hospital
systems to benefit patient care;
- Incorporates and operationalizes the goals and objectives of
the Hospital at the site of care;
- Physical Therapist provides care to patients based on the
application of scientific physical therapy principles.
Responsibilities of the Physical Therapist include (but are not
- Administers: Gait training, active and passive manual
therapeutic exercises, Instructs, motivates and assists patients to
learn and improve functional activity, such as pre-ambulation,
transfer, ambulation, and daily-living activities
- Observes patients during treatments and compiles and evaluates
data on patients' responses to treatments and progress
- Fits patients for, adjusts, and trains patients in the use and
care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices, such
as crutches, canes, walkers and wheelchairs
- Documents and charges for treatments rendered
- Participates in all assigned daily, monthly, quarterly
inpatient committee meetings
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending
on assignment setting
- Knowledge of basic social, behavioral, biological and physical
science as required by academic program Knowledge of Physical
Therapy foundation and theory, evaluation and treatment techniques,
research and application, leadership and management as required by
the academic program.
- Knowledge of current health care environment.
- Annual completion of required departmental and/or service
competency learning packages.
- Ability to use highly developed age specific communication and
interpersonal skills in interactions with patients and families,
coworkers and the entire health care team.
- Ability to gather, analyze, interpret and summarize data for
effective clinical decision making in patient evaluation and
- Ability to apply knowledge and theory in clinical practice.
- Complete required orientation as directed by facility
- Follow facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures while on
Keywords: Doctors Community Hospital, Washington DC , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Lanham, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!