Registered Nurse Progressive Coronary Care Unit - Progressive Care Unit
Company: Inova Fairfax Hospital
Location: Falls Church
Posted on: February 6, 2024
Registered Nurse Progressive Coronary Care Unit
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American
Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet - designation,
the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our
hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the
nation hold Magnet - designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is
proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation
is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which
include: a five-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and
Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one
the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10
Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog
Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World
Reports and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
We are seeking a full-time experienced nurse in the field of
cardiology or telemetry to join our team on the Progressive
Coronary Care Unit at Inova Fairfax Hospital's Heart and Vascular
Institute. PCCU is a fast paced, top performing unit with core
values or teamwork, patient advocacy, and excellent patient care.
It is our mission to create a positive and supportive work
environment for our staff to learn and grow. Our culture encourages
staff to function with high standards of critical thinking,
autonomy, and respect for the multidisciplinary team.
Sign On/Relocation Bonus Information:
This Experienced RN position is eligible for a competitive Sign On
and Relocation Bonus for qualified candidates.
Our specialty patient population includes but is not limited
* AMI/NSTEMI/STEMI pre and post PCI/PTCA
* Interventional recovery
* Pre-operative open-heart patients
* CHF exacerbation requiring Bipap/highflow/high level diuresis
* Arrhythmia management including TVP, AICD, PPM, and
Key aspects of our unit that allows us to perform high quality
* Bedside monitors with 12 lead EKG capability
* Entirely private patient care rooms
* Quarterly unit-based education including advanced EKG
interpretation and disease processes
* Competitive nursing ratios with 3-4:1 on days and 4:1 on
* Highly trained charge nurses out of staffing 24/7 for
* Highly involved core management team including our clinical
director, unit supervisors, and patient navigator to assist with
education and transitional care needs
* A zero-tolerance policy for negativity or disrespect between team
* Clinical technicians to provide CNA and phlebotomy support
Qualities that would make you right for our team:
* Critical thinking skills
* Delegation skills
* Eagerness to learn
* Effective communication skills
* Above all a passion for patient care
This position is eligible for a competitive Sign On and Relocation
Bonus for qualified candidates.
We look forward to you joining our team and allowing us to guide
you on your journey to become the best clinical nurse you can be.
Please see the link below for additional information regarding
Inova's Heart and Vascular Institute.
At least six months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the
acute care setting.
* BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required.
* RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of
Virginia as an RN.
* Accredited School of nursing.
* BSN or AD
* If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet
with their nurse leader and
o Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
o Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the
required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
o Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
o Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
Keywords: Inova Fairfax Hospital, Washington DC , Registered Nurse Progressive Coronary Care Unit - Progressive Care Unit, Healthcare , Falls Church, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!