ICU / CVICU RN - Intensive Care Units [25K SIGN ON]
Company: George Washington University Hospital
Posted on: November 20, 2023
$25,000 SIGN ON BONUS for 2+ years of ICU experience $10,000 SIGN
ON BONUS for less than 18 month of ICU experience ICU, MICU, SICU,
TICU, CVTICU Cardio Thoracic, Neuro ICUFull Time - Days/Nights
(Varies) or Nights only
- Act as a liaison for patients and the families of patients
- Respecting the rights and beliefs of patients
- Monitor care that patients receive by helping and interceding
for patients in situations that require action immediately.
- Represent the patient according to their choice.
- Provide support and education that will help patients and care
partners make the best decisions possible.
- Integrates a patient centered approach involving the patient
and family into the plan of care.
- Provide safe, competent nursing care for patients in accordance
with facility policies, standards, and philosophy.
- Opportunity for career advancement with our clinical
progression ladder as preceptor and charge nurse.
- BSN or currently enrolled.
- DC RN License, or eligibility
- Critical Care experience: 1 year full time experience or 2
years part time experience
- Commitment to our culture that Every Moment Matters
- Commitment to the surrounding community RN Benefits, Special
Incentives & Perks
- Generous Sign-On Bonus:Now thru Jan 2024, up to $25,000 as a
sign-on bonus when you join our team.
- Relocation Assistance: We offer a $3,000 relocation package to
make your transition smoother.
- Professional Development: Enjoy $500 annually to invest in your
- Education Allowance: Receive an annual $3,000 allowance to
further your education.
- Monthly Extra Shift Bonus: Get an additional $3,000 each month
through our 4x4 incentive program.
- Shift Differential: Earn an extra $4 to $8 per hour as a shift
- Certification Bonus: Receive a $1,000 bonus annually for
maintaining your certifications.
- Referral Bonus: Refer a fellow RN, and you'll get a $5,000
- Commuter Subsidy: We provide a monthly $100 commuter
- Paid Time Off: Enjoy 208 hours of paid time off annually. *(104
hours Part time)
- Clinical Nurse Associate I Bonus: Enroll to become a Clinical
Nurse Associate I and receive a $2,000 bonus in your first
- Cutting-Edge Environment: Thrive in a challenging and rewarding
work environment with advanced technological systems, processes,
and best practices.
- Employee Wellness: We are committed to your well-being through
our sponsored programs by the Strategic Employee Engagement Council
and GWU Wellness Center.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Be a part of an inclusive and diverse
environment, supported by the Diversity & Inclusion Council.
- Retirement Savings: Benefit from our 401(k) plan with a company
match of up to 6%.
- Comprehensive Benefits: Enjoy excellent medical, dental,
vision, and prescription drug plans.
- Shared Governance: We follow a shared governance model that
values your input and collaboration.
- Flexible Scheduling: Say goodbye to mandatory overtime;
schedule your shifts as you prefer.
- Clinical Advancement: Join the L.E.A.R.N. Clinical Nurse
Advancement Program, which includes monetary rewards.
- Continuous Development: Grow and develop through job-related
training, continuing education, and mobility opportunities within
the UHS subsidiaries.
- Flexible Paid Time Off: Opt to waive your PTO days and receive
a 12% increase in your base rate. *(6% Part time)
- Employee Discounts: Enjoy exclusive discounts and a wide array
of additional perks. We value our RNs and offer a comprehensive
package to support your career growth, well-being, and work-life
balance. Nursing at GWUH: Nurses at GWUH identify as essential
partners with providers, ancillary, and support staff in an
academic medical center, that is Defining Medicine. Our
professional RN staff seeks out best practice opportunities to
enhance patient care through unit and system-based quality
initiatives, Evidenced based practice projects and research.
Recently, GWUH has embarked on the ANCC Magnet journey. This
endeavor is fully supported by Senior administration and is
evidenced by a commitment to supporting nurses engaged in Shared
Governance, clinical ladder opportunities, financial support for
advancing education, and certification. Our nurse leaders and staff
are laser focused on exceptional patient outcomes and are defining
healthcare for the 21st century. About GWUH: The George Washington
University Hospital (GW Hospital) is a 395-bed tertiary care,
academic medical center located in downtown Washington, DC, next to
the Foggy Bottom metro. GW Hospital serves a diverse group of
patients-from residents to our nation's leaders. As an academic
medical center, GW Hospital has the resources and clinical
expertise necessary to provide specialized, complex care. This
expertise includes cardiac, cancer, neurosciences, women's health,
trauma, and advanced surgery including robotic and minimally
invasive surgery. https://www.gwhospital.com/GW Hospital is jointly
owned and operated by George Washington University and a subsidiary
of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS). The GW School of Medicine
and Health Sciences (SMHS), adjacent to the hospital, is the 11th
oldest medical center in the country and the first in the nation's
capital.The mission of GW Hospital is to provide the highest
quality healthcare, advanced medical technology, and world-class
service to its patients in an academic medical center dedicated to
education and research. United Health Services, Inc: One of the
nation's largest and most respected providers of hospital and
healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has
built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing
steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500
corporation, annual revenues were $13.4 billion in 2022. During the
year, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired
Companies by Fortune; and listed in Forbes ranking of America's
Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS
has approximately 94,000 employees and continues to grow through
its subsidiaries. Operating acute care hospitals, behavioral health
facilities, outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access
points, an insurance offering, a physician network, and various
related services located all over the U.S. states, Washington,
D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. www.uhs.comEEO Statement:
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of
mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available
to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal
opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit
to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, and compensation
of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex
(including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),
genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among
our teammates is critical to our success.Notice: At UHS and all our
subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are
here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and
experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our
subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best
in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo
Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related
email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting
us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Keywords: George Washington University Hospital, Washington DC , ICU / CVICU RN - Intensive Care Units [25K SIGN ON], Healthcare , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!