Staff Nurse - Regional Supplemental Staffing I
Company: Luminis Health
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Announcing the Luminis Health Regional Supplemental Staffing
Program! The Luminis Health Regional Supplemental Staffing program
is specifically for experienced Registered Nurses (Two years acute
care required). In this position you will work 4-12 week
consecutive assignments at any Luminis Health facility: Anne
Arundel Medical Center, Doctors Community Medical Center, McNew
Family Medical Center, Pathways Addiction Treatment Center.
- This is full time employment with benefits (Medical, Dental,
Vision, PTO/Holidays, Tuition Assistance, Retirement and more)
- Provides generous augmented pay based on an RNs competencies
and ability to work in multiple areas with commensurate
differentials of $20, $30 or $40/hour in addition to base
- Work 7pm-7:30am shifts, with weekend and holiday rotation and
$8/hour night differential Have questions and want to learn more?
Join our Open Interviews with a Nurse Talent Acquisition Specialist
every Thursday Afternoon: Staff Nurse - Regional Supplemental
Staffing Position Objective: Contributes to the provision of
high-quality, cost-effective healthcare as a provider of direct and
indirect patient care and by effective of the health care team.
Functions as a competent member of the health care team.
Essentional Job Duties: Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. 1. Clinical Decision Making/Judgment
- Demonstrates clinical nursing knowledge and skill in the
specialization of the unit.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply the nursing process
effectively in the care of culturally diverse patients and
families. Demonstrates the ability to utilize all applicable laws,
policies, standards, guidelines and evidence-based practice in the
provision of patient/family care.
- Organizes and reprioritizes patient care activities based on
subtle and overt and/or environmental changes.
- Consistently and thoroughly assesses patients to collect data
and identify learning needs according to established standards and
- Utilizes a systematic, continuous and complete analysis of
assessment data to develop individualized problem lists for
- Develops and individualizes a plan of care for each patient in
accordance with established standards, appropriate prioritization
of problems/needs, and mutually agreed upon goals.
- Efficiently implements the patient's plan of care in accordance
with applicable standards, policies, procedures and
- Demonstrates proficiency in medication administration, pain
management and other unit or initiative specific skills.
- Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of the plan(s) of
care, making revisions and recommendations based on analysis of
patient responses to interventions. 2. Nurse-Patient Family
- Demonstrates the ability to assess the patient's/family's
learning needs, readiness to learn, learning style, and presence of
barriers to learning.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop, implement and evaluate
teaching plans for patient populations in unit specialty in
accordance with applicable standards.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of growth and
development across the life span to the care of patients.
- Provides direct patient care to patients and families in a
culturally, developmentally and ethically appropriate manner.
- Plans of care address the physical, psychosocial, spiritual and
learning needs of the patient/family. 3. Clinical Scholarship
- Participates in QI, CPI and risk management activities at the
unit, department or organizational level.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively perform and improve all
processes in order to achieve excellence with regard to AAMC's
quality standards and benchmarks.
- Supports the use of evidence based guidelines and
organizational policies and procedures to promote safe patient care
and a safe practice environment. 4. Clinical Leadership
- Participates in unit shared governance according to
- Participates in the education and orientation of new
- Delegates patient care activities as appropriate; evaluates
delegated activities for expected patient care outcomes.
- Employs real time computer documentation when completing
patient record. Educational/Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Adherence to the credentialing requirements of AAMC as stated
in the nursing bylaws. Required License/Certifications:
- Current licensure as a registered nurse by the Maryland Board
- CPR - American Heart Association Healthcare Provider
certification Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position
will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens. Physical Demands:Medium
work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to
30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects. The physical demands and work
environment that have been described are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in
accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. The above job
description is an overview of the functions and requirements for
this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive
list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your
supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
Keywords: Luminis Health, Washington DC , Staff Nurse - Regional Supplemental Staffing I, Healthcare , Lanham, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!