Staff Nurse - Bridge Program - Emergency Department - Full Time - Varied Shifts
Company: Luminis Health
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Staff Nurse - Emergency Department Position Purpose Under the
general supervision of the Clinical Coordinator, is responsible and
accountable for total direct and indirect comprehensive delivery of
nursing care to patients of all ages, including newborn, infant,
pediatric, psychiatric, emergency, oncology, critical care and
medical/surgical patients. Role Specific Competencies 1.
- Is accountable for own actions. Demonstrates sound critical
thinking skills. 2. Assessment
- Assesses health care and needs of patient using appropriate
resources and standards and does so in a timely manner. 3.
- Communicates written and verbal reports accurately. Keeps
charge nurse and physicians/physician's assistant informed. 4.
- Upholds standards of confidentiality at all times. 5.
Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide quality care
services for special age specific populations, such as, but not
limited to pediatrics and geriatrics patients 6. Documentation
- Documents all pertinent data correctly and within required time
frame. 7. Evaluation
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing care and documents same in
progress notes. 8. Implementation
- Administers nursing care in a competent manner consistent with
policies and procedures. C ompletes all assignments and observation
of performance. 9. Participates in programs designed to increase
the effectiveness of nursing practice (ED)
- Attends at least 75% of staff meetings per year.
- Demonstrates compliance with information presented at staff
meetings, through e-mail, huddle and other forms of communication.
- Prioritizes patient care according to needs of individual
patients and unit. 11. Productivity
- Completes assignments according to hospital standards and
within appropriate time frame. 12. Safety Maintains a safe
- Responds to unusual events Immediately. 13. Synchronizes the
nursing activities toward achievement of patient and nurse goals
safely, efficiently and effectively (ED)
- Collaborates as necessary with other members of the health team
to establish priorities of patient care.
- In emergency situations; Recognizes potentially
life-threatening clinical situations and intervenes appropriate to
- Functions effectively in clinical emergencies, demonstrating an
ability to implement AC LS appropriately. Seeks assistance, if
necessary, in order to accomplish immediate priorities without loss
of control. Identifies stress-producing situations and modifies
behavior appropriately. Qualifications and Experience
- ACLS required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- ENPC or PALS required.
- RN Licensure in State of Maryland
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum one year previous experience in all aspects of
emergency/critical care nursing within the past five years or
successful completion of the Emergency Department Internship.
- Concentrates on moderate to fine detail for extended periods of
- Must be able to hear normal sounds with some background
- Remembers schedules, tasks to be completed, where activities
left off, etc.
- Routinely lifts objects under 50 pounds.
- Understands and can operate from the conceptual basis of tasks
Keywords: Luminis Health, Washington DC , Staff Nurse - Bridge Program - Emergency Department - Full Time - Varied Shifts, Healthcare , Lanham, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!