Travel Nurse RN - Oncology - $2,370 per week
Company: Cynet Health
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Cynet Health is seeking a travel nurse RN Oncology for a travel
nursing job in Washington, District of Columbia.Job Description &
- Specialty: Oncology
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: 06/12/2023
- Duration: 13 weeks
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours, days
- Employment Type: TravelJOB SUMMARY:
- Assesses, plans, implements, documents, organizes, prioritizes,
delegates, supervises and coordinates care of neonatal, pediatric,
adolescent, adult, geriatric as prescribed w/in parameters of NC
Nurse Practice Act.
- All travelers required to float, as necessary.ESSENTIAL JOB
- Provides nursing care via nursing process for development,
implementation and evaluation of nursing care.
- Collects and analyzes patient/significant other data.
- Completes admission database and ongoing assessment -
collaboration with patients, significant others and other health
care providers. Implements plan of care for each patient (utilizing
clinical pathways where applicable) and individualizes to meet the
age specific needs of patients/significant others.
- Identifies variances/makes adjustments in the plan of care
based on evaluation of plan and effectiveness of nursing
- Documents and updates plan of care, nursing care, nursing
interventions and patient response to care, and keeps healthcare
team, patients and significant others informed.
- Contributes to discharge plan by identifying homecare
- Recognizes changes in patients` conditions and revises plan of
- Demonstrates advanced competencies/critical thinking skills in
- Identifies and implements educational needs for
- Establishes caring and therapeutic nurse/healthcare
team/patient/significant other relationships.
- Recognizes communication barriers, identifies resources and
establishes plans - resolve barriers to communication.
- Demonstrates respect for diversity/cultural differences in
patient/significant others related to age, ethnicity, gender,
religion, socioeconomics, education, personality, or another unique
- Formulate individualized plans to address individual needs re.
diversity, cultural difference or other unique variables.
- Advocates for patient/significant other.
- Demonstrates skillful responses to customer needs based on
particular context of situation.
- Supports environment of evidence-based
- Demonstrates knowledge of Shared Governance accountabilities
and principles, supports DSGC directly as a council member or
indirectly by keeping informed of council activities/supporting
council decisions, brings forth issues to council. Demonstrates
knowledge of how to access reference documents containing policies,
procedures, standards, and additional resources.
- Participates in QI/ Research activities based on role and major
work activities outlined in the research point system
- Demonstrates knowledge of department QI plan.
- Demonstrates understanding of resource management - implements
opportunities. Collects QI data and participates in analysis/action
plan development, incorporates changes into practice. Facilitates
ongoing activities to meet/adhere to regulatory standards (TJC,
- Supervises other members of team.
- Contributes to supportive and healthy work environment. Holds
self and others accountable for complying with policies, procedures
and standards. Participates in learning needs assessments.
- Provides input into and supports precepting and mentoring
- Delegates appropriate tasks to support staff, ensure completion
of delegated tasks - provides feedback as needed.
- Demonstrates team spirit and collegiality.
- Supervises select personnel in performance/pt care.
- Demonstrates effective conflict resolution/negotiation
- RN License is required
- AHA BLS is required
- AHA ACLS is preferred
- NIHSS is preferred
- Telemetry experience required
- EPIC and EKG testing requiredCynet Health Job ID #19429869. Pay
package is based on 8 hour shifts and 40.0 hours per week (subject
to confirmation) with tax-free stipend amount to be
Keywords: Cynet Health, Washington DC , Travel Nurse RN - Oncology - $2,370 per week, Healthcare , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...