Physician / District of Columbia / Permanent / Medical Physicist Job
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: March 20, 2023
A Place Unlike Any Other, Home Away From Home
The Community - Washington DC
Monuments and memorials, eclectic neighborhoods, true local flavor
- Washington, DC is a place unlike any other. It's your home away
from home with free museums and America's front yard. Washington,
DC, the U.S. capital, is a compact city on the Potomac River,
bordering the states of Maryland and Virginia. It's defined by
imposing neoclassical monuments and buildings - including the
iconic ones that house the federal government's 3 branches: the
Capitol, White House and Supreme Court. It's also home to iconic
museums and performing-arts venues such as the Kennedy Center.
Washington DC VA Medical Center
50 Irving St. Northwest
Washington, DC 20422
Southern Prince George's County CBOC
5801 Allentown Road
Camp Springs, MD 20746
POSITION OVERVIEW (duties include but are not limited to)
- Be required to conduct an annual compliance survey of all
radiation producing equipment here at the DC Veterans Affairs
Medical Center (DC VA MC) with the skin entrance sticker where
applicable. The most current list of the aforementioned equipment
can be found in Section V of this statement of work.
- Conduct radiation compliance testing after all repairs
affecting the imaging chain (generator, X-ray tube, collimator,
image receptor) of a unit or any other modification that makes
re-testing necessary. These compliance tests may need to be
performed on an urgent basis which may include weekends to assure
that the device operates within compliance.
- Provide compliance reports that include measurements obtained
to determine compliance, indicate whether the tested parameter
passed or failed, and recommend corrective action for a failed
- Provide analyses of the current and possible future quality
assurance programs through the use of audits, reports and tests and
recommend improvements for implementation.
- Participate in the quarterly review/ optimization of computed
tomography, digital radiography, computed radiography, and
fluoroscopy protocols as well as reviews of patient and personnel
- Support new and or ongoing installations of radiation producing
equipment. This includes providing consultation/ direction as
applicable and necessary regarding site prep, room design, and
shielding requirements. He/she shall oversee shielding
installations and verify that the installed shielding is
acceptable. He/ she shall make shielding calculations and
evaluations for the facility as needed. As needed, he/she will
participate in pre-purchase evaluations and acceptance
- Assure compliance with the Joint Commission Sentinel Alert 47
and will design and analyze patient dose evaluations/ dose
reconstructions annually and as requested by the Contracting
Officer's Representative (COR). These reviews shall be conducted in
accordance to industry recognized standards and best
- Conduct Quality Assurance (QA) reviews at least annually,
including Magnetic Resonance Imaging, mammography, computed
tomography, fluoroscopy, linear accelerator and other x-ray
producing imaging equipment. The report shall document whether the
program is complaint with the American National Standard Institute
(ANSI) standards, American Association of Physicists in Medicine
(AAPM) reports (TG 66 and TG 142), manufacturer's specifications
and ACR guidance such as the "Technical Standards for Diagnostic
Medical Physics Performance Monitoring of CT Equipment". Reports
shall include a detailed listing of QA parameters reviewed,
indication of whether the tested parameter passed or failed, and
recommendations for corrective action for a failed test.
- Attend quarterly meetings of the Radiation Safety Committee and
Sub-committees and will periodically brief executive leadership on
- Conduct an analysis of staff-submitted fluoroscopy procedure
times for identifying high risk procedures.
- Advise the hospital's Occupational Dose Program and generate
detailed reports as it relates to the program.
- Provide at least one (1) radiation safety and patient dose
reduction in-service per year to the clinical staff, who use
radiation producing equipment.
- Assist the Chief of Radiology in completing physician
fluoroscopy credentialing. Fluoroscopy safety training shall be
conducted at least biannually prior to
recertification/re-credentialing for fluoroscopy privileges.
- Provide business hours phone consultation as needed.
- Provide emergency response/on call as needed.
- Perform work that meets all National, State, and VA codes,
requirements, and standards to include, but not be limited to, The
Joint Commission, The Office of the Inspector General, the Nuclear
Regulatory Commission, the National Health Physics Program, and the
American College of Radiology.
- Respond to survey new or malfunctioning equipment and emergency
consultation within one business day of the request.QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be an American Board of Radiology (ABR) certified Medical
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Washington DC , Physician / District of Columbia / Permanent / Medical Physicist Job, Healthcare , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...