Peri-Anesthesia RN, On-Call - Caton Hill
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Provides quality patient care for pre-operative and post-operative
patients, in accordance with nursing philosophy and approved
- Performs within the established standard of pre- and post-
anesthesia nursing and critical care nursing.
- Utilizes the standard of care in the assessment, planning,
implementation and evaluation of the surgical patient in the
delivery of pre-operative and post-operative nursing care.
- Formulates care plans based on individual assessment of
physiologic functions and problems identified pre-operatively and
- Provides nursing care utilizing clinical knowledge and
expertise, reacting immediately to adverse physiological changes
within seconds, to reverse and revive the patients physiological
- Renders nursing care following aseptic techniques.
- Assembles and communicates appropriate information in verbal or
written reports in order to maintain continuity of care.
- Executes proper use of equipment and supplies used in the
pre-operative area and the recovery (Stage I and Stage II)
- Participates in the Perioperative Services quality assurance
- Promotes personal and professional growth by actively
participating in continuing education programs.
- Participates in the professionalism of the Perioperative
Services by adhering to the standards.
- May be required to administer conscious sedation after
appropriate training and competency requirements are met
- Assumes other related duties as directed. Basic
- Minimum two (2) years of current PACU or critical care
- High School Diploma or GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials
from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional
Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post
- Registered Nurse License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire AND
Registered Nurse License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire
- Compact License: Registered Nurse within 6 months of hire
- Registered Nurse License (District of Columbia) within 6 months
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software
- Recent PACU experience preferred.
- BSN preferred.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Washington DC , Peri-Anesthesia RN, On-Call - Caton Hill, Healthcare , Vienna, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...