Clinical RN - Internal Medicine, On Call, Springfield MOB
Location: District Heights
Posted on: March 20, 2023
To coordinate and monitor care of patients in the assigned clinical
- Administers all oral and injecting medications in the assigned
clinical area. Ensures narcotics and drug supplies are available in
the assigned clinical area and assures the proper security of all
narcotics and controlled substances according to KP standards and
applicable regulatory laws. Initiates and monitors IV therapy to
therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
- Provides ongoing assurance of functional emergency equipment
and adequate emergency drug supplies. Responds to emergency
situations throughout medical facility. Documents emergency
situation to supervisor.
- Coordinates, implements, and evaluates patient teaching plans
for areas of diabetes mellitus, hypertension, anticoagulant
therapy, therapeutic diet instruction, weight control, and other
areas as designated.
- Sets-up, performs, and/or assists with procedures as
- Coordinates recovery care of patients post sedation. Ensures
safety measures are instituted for all compromised patients
- Triages walk-in patients as needed or assigned.
- Manages the workflow of the delivery sysem such as assisting
team members on identifying the best methods for care system.
- Acts as a resource person to LPNs and Clinic Assistants.
- Acts as patient advocate and resolves problem within HCT.
Brings unresolved issues to Clinical Coordinators attention if
unresolved within the team.
- Partner with physician to assist with coordination of care
through message management. Provide phone triage, care advice,
schedule appointments as needed, assists with patient
- Performs other related duties as directed. Mon-Fri as
- A least one (1) year of current experience HMO or ambulatory
setting is required.
- Experience in IV Therapy is required.
License, Certification, Registration
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials
from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional
Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post
- Registered Nurse License (Virginia) within 6 months of hire AND
Registered Nurse License (Maryland) within 6 months of hire
- Compact License: Registered Nurse within 6 months of hire
- Registered Nurse License (District of Columbia) within 6 months
- Basic Life Support
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
- B.S.N is preferred.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Washington DC , Clinical RN - Internal Medicine, On Call, Springfield MOB, Healthcare , District Heights, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...