Veterinary Neurology Advanced Patient Care Associate
Company: BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital
Posted on: March 19, 2023
DescriptionBluePearl in Seattle, WA is seeking a Veterinary
Neurology Advance Patient Care Associate to join out team!Schedule:
Mon/Tue/Wed 7am-7:30pm. Schedule subject to changeVA I-II/APCA I
Pay: $21.25 - $36.08 / hour
- Must have neurology experience.This pay band is a starting
point and is dependent on experience and advancement through
CareerTrax leveling system.
We also offer competitive shift differential pay for eligible hours
worked for nights and weekends.
- Shift differentials are based on a 4-hour minimum.For example:
- Mon - Fri: 6pm to 8am = $4.00 Shift Differential
- Sat & Sun: 6pm to 8am = $5.50 Shift Differential
- Sat & Sun: 8am to 6pm = $4.00 Shift DifferentialOur Veterinary
Assistants triage emergency cases as they come in and assist DVM
with crafting and going overestimates as needed. In addition, they
perform diagnostics (radiographs, lab work, etc.), setting patients
up in ICU or Inpatient ward, discharging patients, and handle
As a Veterinary Assistant, you will:
- Provide nursing care to patients according to hospital
standards of care and core values.
- Report patient signalment, problem list and plan during nursing
- Understand classification of commonly used medications,
associated side effects and appropriately monitors therapeutic
- Administer medications via appropriate routes and
- Perform physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate,
capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory
rate and effort.
- Possess a working knowledge of anesthesia/monitoring equipment
and assist with patients assigned ASA I or II classifications.
- Remain current on R.E.C.O.V.E.R CPR guidelines and demonstrates
proficiency in designated role as assigned by attending clinician
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and
discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled
by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and
experience. We are focused on developing our associates into
leaders through talent development programs and leadership
workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates
have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative
quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of
continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education
allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl
University for training, and our clinicians have access to over
2,000 medical journals.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance,
advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle
while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care
- Lyra; Access to 12 mental health care sessions annually at no
charge to you, and other well-being resources through Lyra- an
online mental health support platform
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all
in this together. We believe in working together to lead the
industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
Our Continuing Education Plan includes $500/year reimbursement for
CVT and $750/year for VTS. The Continuing Education allowance can
roll over up to $1,500 for CVT and VTS associates.
Non-Credentialed, full-time Paraprofessionals are eligible for an
annual CE stipend of $150. Full-time CVT associates also receive 8
hours of CE paid hours each year. Full-time VTS associates receive
12 hours of CE paid each year. Paid CE hours can be carried over
year to year up to a maximum of 24 hours. Newly hired associates
will receive a pro-rated amount of any CE benefit for which they
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options
- Paid Time Off and Floating Holiday Plans
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Savings Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Annual Scrub Allowance: full-time associates receive $200/year
in BluePearl store credit.
- Referral Bonus Program
- State licensure reimbursements
- VTNE reimbursements
- Additional VTS benefits - pursuing & established VTS
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all
individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal
opportunity employer and each applicant will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital
status, citizenship status, sexual or affectional preference, or
gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an
accommodation during the application process because of a
disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to
provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a
result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and
a Drug Free Workplace.464386
Keywords: BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital, Washington DC , Veterinary Neurology Advanced Patient Care Associate, Healthcare , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...