Wound, Ostomy and Continence RN
Company: Kaiser Permanente Central Hospital Capitol Hill Ca
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Wound, Ostomy and Continence RN - Capitol Hill MOB *$10,000 Sign
On Bonus - Washington, DCTo provide, coordinate, and support
clinical aspects of care for patients with wound, ostomy and
continence (WOC) needs.Essential Responsibilities:
- Manages outcomes for wound, ostomy and continence patients
across the continuum of care by providing, coordinating, and
supporting clinical aspects of direct patient care including
appropriate discharge planning, and coordination of services and
education.Serves members throughout the care continuum requires the
WOCN to travel among Kaiser Permanente Medical Centers and/or core
Hospitals and SNFs, as well as monitors clinical progress in Home
- Acts as a specialty consultant to physicians, nurses, physical
therapists, and patients for provision of WOC care in assigned area
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to assess patient
needs for nursing care, patient/family education, and other
services across the continuum of care.
- Trains, coaches, and assists team members to ensure optimum WOC
patient care and efficient use of resources.
- Integrates knowledge of age-specific care, institutional goals
and standards, current professional practice standards, and the WOC
Nurses Society Standards in providing care.
- Integrates results and theories of research studies to improve
care, and actively participates in data collection and
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- One (1) year of relevant wound care clinical nursing experience
- Graduation from an accredited Wound, Ostomy, and Continence
Nursing Education Program required.License, Certification,
- Current Professional Nursing License in jurisdiction to which
assigned and maintained in good standing required.
- Multiple Nursing Licenses in jurisdictions within the
Mid-Atlantic region may be required.
- Certified Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nurse certification
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer
- Bachelor of Science in nursing preferred.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Central Hospital Capitol Hill Ca, Washington DC , Wound, Ostomy and Continence RN , Healthcare , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...