Mental Health Therapist - LMFT, LMHC, LPC, LCSW, Psychologist
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Location: Oxon Hill
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The -Program Therapist -assists and supports clients from admission
through discharge. The Program Therapist provides clinical
assessments and contributes insightful, practical and meaningful
information to the development of treatment plans. They orient new
clients to the treatment program and makes introductions to the
staff and other program participants. As a member of the treatment
team, the Program Therapist meets weekly in collaborative fashion
with the treatment team to discuss cases. Licensed clinicians
(Psychologist, LMFT, LCSW, LPC, etc.) and registered interns.**This
position is offering a sign-on bonus of $5,000**Essential Job
- Ensures clinical documentation is completed timely throughout
the course of treatment.
- Establish therapeutic rapport with patients and families/loved
- Facilitates admission assessments and the admission process for
new patients with professionalism, courtesy, and a welcoming
- Understands role in providing expeditious access to care for
individuals seeking services.
- Participates in weekly treatment team and communicates weekly
treatment goals with all team members. -
- Completes appropriate number of therapy sessions weekly for
patients, including family/support system sessions aligned with the
patients' level of care.
- RTC: two individual sessions and one family/support system
session per week
- Facilitates process orientated and psychoeducation groups one
to two times, daily.
- Required to sit at a meal and/or snack a minimum of once per
- Facilitates multi-family groups, family program, and/or family
- Provides utilization reviews to insurance companies, providing
appropriate clinical information to obtain initial authorization
and continuing stay authorization, as necessary.
- Is appropriately accessible to family members or loved
- Assesses patients for suicidality and possibility of danger to
self or others.
- May provide additional clinical support for other members of
the clinical team in their absence. - -
- Communicates with the Utilization Review Department and
Business Department regarding authorization and payment.
- Begins discharge planning on day of admission for all
- Completes discharge session with patient to ensure coping
skills, transition plan, and resources are understood and
- Ensures discharge appointments are confirmed with patient and
loved ones prior to discharge.
- Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers for
continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and discharge.
- Facilitates patient transfers to higher level of care, as
- Actively participates in clinical outreach and program tours,
as needed. -
- Effectively manages crises in sessions and the milieu.
- Provides support to milieu staff in their interactions with
patients and their loved ones.
- Works collaboratively with the entire treatment team and milieu
staff to ensure the highest level of clinical quality at all
- Completes other tasks, as requested or assigned.
- Provides on-call support to facility at least 1x per month and
returns all program phone calls within 20 minutes, while on call.
Communicates appropriately with On Call Administrator or Regional
Director regarding pertinent facility issues, while on call.This is
a full-time position with the following shifts available:
- Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm (Adolescents)
- Monday-Friday 11am-7:30pm OR Tuesday-Friday 11am-7:30pm and
Saturday 8:45am-3:00pm (Adults)On-call team rotation is required.
-For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at
centerfordiscovery.com.Compensation Range: $65-80k**This position
is offering a sign-on bonus of $5,000**Compensation will be
dependent upon education, experience and licensure.
- Master or Doctorate degree in relevant field
- Experience working in behavioral healthcare
- Currently hold clinical license in the state in which you are
applying (We can accept registered interns)Not sure if you meet all
the qualifications? Apply anyway! To provide truly innovative care,
we need to have a diverse team around us. That's why Discovery
Behavioral Health is committed to creating an inclusive
environment. If you find yourself meeting some but not all the
above, we'd be happy to consider your application. -
Discovery Behavioral Health seeks to build a diverse staff that is
reflective of the patients we serve and the communities where we
work. DBH encourages multiple perspectives, experiences, and
strives to hire and retain a diverse workforce.We are proud to be
an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and
perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. -All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.For more
information about our company benefits, please visit us at
discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic. Keywords: Mental
Health Rehabilitation Worker, Location: Oxon Hill, MD - 20745
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Washington DC , Mental Health Therapist - LMFT, LMHC, LPC, LCSW, Psychologist, Healthcare , Oxon Hill, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!