Physical Therapist Outpatient- On Call
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Responsible for physical therapy management of patients under
the direction and supervision of the Physical Therapy Supervisor.
- Tests and evaluates the extent of a patients disability to
ensure proper treatment using various tests and procedures.
- Plans therapy program, establishes treatment goals; and
administers treatment to restore body functions, strength, relieve
pain, and prevent disability through the use of various therapeutic
techniques and procedures. This includes patients in establishing
goals and obtains patients informed consent as necessary.
- Provides patients and family members with treatment plan and
instructions for home exercise programs and pain relief
- Upgrades treatment plan and goals as patient progresses.
- Regularly assesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine
effectiveness of treatment, progress of patient towards goals, and
the need for modifying goals and treatment.
- Discharges patient from physical therapy when the patient has
received maximum benefit from physical therapy.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of physical therapy
management and patient management.
- Maintains appropriate medical records, documentation for each
patient including evaluation, treatment and progress.
- Consults with medical providers regarding patient evaluation
and treatment, progress of the patient, and discharge from
treatment. Reviews patient records for current diagnosis, past
medical history, precautions, and contraindications.
- Maintains compliance with documentation standards of department
and regulatory agencies.
- Establishes safe work environment.
- Maintains clinical competency and ethical standards as outlined
in the guidelines of the APTA.
- Maintains departmental supplies, equipment, and apparatus in
clean, safe and functional condition.
- Directs and instructs support personnel in performance of more
routine procedures as requested.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations with
the public patients and other personnel.
- Provides triage Physical Therapy services by providing advice
and care either by means of phone triage and/or 1st Contact
- Provides input and/or assistance to Senior Physical Therapist
and Physical Therapy Supervisor in the development of new classes,
services, member and provider education, development of handouts,
and other related services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Basic
- Minimum one (1) year of full time practice as a licensed
Physical Therapist in a clinical setting required. Education
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum for a
bachelors, masters, or doctoral degree with certification in
physical therapy or a foreign-trained equivalent required. License,
- This job requires credentials from multiple states. Credentials
from the primary work state are required before hire. Additional
Credentials from the secondary work state(s) are required post
- Physical Therapist License (Virginia) within 6 months of
- Physical Therapist License (Maryland) within 6 months of
- Physical Therapist License (District of Columbia) within 6
months of hire
- Physical Therapy Direct Access Certification (Virginia) within
6 months of hire
- PECOS Enrollment within 1 months of hire
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- National Provider Identifier Additional Requirements:
- Actively pursuing and engaging in at least one of these
continue education or clinical experience to gain/enhance clinical
expertise required as described below: Post graduate degree from an
accredited university with a specialty focus. Fellowship or
certificate from an accredited body or organization in a subject
matter that is pertinent to our patient population and is clinic
based. Expertise/competency in a particular subject matter in a
clinical subject matter in high demand or in a clinical subject
matter that we have limited resources or specialists on staff.
Expertise/competency that has been gained from years of clinical
experience from treating a pertinent diagnosis or patient
- Maintains professional and neat appearance at all times.
- Teaches Physical Therapy related Health Education Classes, if
demonstrates the required clinical skills.
- Becomes actively involved in supervision and orientation of
volunteers within Physical Therapy Department.
- Participates in community activities and member education at
least 2 times per year, which may include teaching health education
classes, participating in medical center functions and attending
community health fairs.
- Is flexible for coverage as needed in other facilities within
the service area if appropriate. Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of or practice in at least 75% of Basic PT Clinical
Core Competencies preferred. Refer to list of clinical
competencies. COMPANY: KAISERTITLE: Physical Therapist Outpatient-
On CallLOCATION: North Kensington, MarylandREQNUMBER:
1069839External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal,
state and local laws, including but not limited to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Washington DC , Physical Therapist Outpatient- On Call, Healthcare , Kensington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!