Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Company: HealthPRO - Heritage
Location: Fort Belvoir
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Full Time Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant/PTA opportunity
in Ft. Belvoir, VAContinuing Care Retirement Center - Skilled
Nursing/Assisted Living/Independent Living on one campusGraduate of
an approved Physical Therapy Assistant program REQUIRED Benefits
include:Medical, Dental, Vision Short & Long term disabilityLife
Insurance 401kPaid Time OffContinuing EducationLicense
Reimbursement & much moreAt HealthPro Heritage we hire people who
share our vision, who work diligently and provide the kind of care
that will help change patient's lives for the better. As an
Associate, your dedication and commitment deserve respect and
recognition. If you're looking for a career and straightforward and
realistic 'care' expectations, maybe it's time to look at our
company.The Physical Therapy Assistant is a skilled technical
worker who performs direct resident care activities under the
clinical supervision of the Physical Therapist.
- Provide physical therapy treatments to residents according to
treatment plans developed by the Physical Therapist.
- Assist the Physical Therapist when performing tests,
evaluations, and complex treatment procedures.
- Observe, record and report to the therapist the conditions,
reactions and responses related to assigned duties.
- Maintain daily records of treatments and document progress
notes on residents as directed by the therapist.
- Assist with admission screening.
- Assist the therapist in consulting with family members,
physicians and other health care professionals, as
- Assist with the care of the physical therapy department and
- Assist the Physical Therapist with in-service programs and
other meetings as assigned by the Physical Therapist.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to
discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical
- Act in compliance with Heritage Healthcares regulatory and
professional standards and guidelines.
- Attend and participate in, or provide information for
rehabilitation team conferences regarding resident progress,
problems or needs.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participate in
facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Understand reimbursement by various payers and allocates
therapy resources efficiently in accordance with resident goals and
outcomes related to discharge destination.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of OBRA regulations, HIPAA, Local
Coverage Determination, and third party reimbursement
- Support the companys commitment to Compassionate Care; project
a professional image to foster confidence in the rehab.
- Perform duties in an independent manner and recognize
situations where direct supervision is needed; willingly helping
- Maintain the expected productivity level that has been
discussed and is expected for your position at your particular
- Graduate of an approved Physical Therapy Assistant
- Current license or eligible for license under statutes in the
state of practice.
- Prefer experience in a setting serving the same age/type of
resident population served by this facility.
- Excellent oral and written communication (neat handwriting) and
- Ability to understand and follow the directions of the Physical
Therapist and the policies and procedures of the facility.
- Ability to complete the following activities safely, and at
times, for prolonged periods: Standing: Maintaining an upright
position on the feet, especially for prolonged periods of time
Pushing: Applying pressure and exerting force against an object for
the purpose of moving it forward or away from the source of the
force push or pull force up to 35 lbs. Lifting: Raising an object
from a lower to a higher position, or moving an object laterally,
from position to position-Required to lift up to 50 lbs of force
independently. May be required to lift over 50 lbs with assistance
of another person or a mechanical lift Stooping: Bending the body
forward and down from the waist, hips and knees, sometimes for a
prolonged length of time. Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in
any direction away from the body Balancing: Maintaining body
equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching
on narrow, slippery or moving surfaces
firstname.lastname@example.orgRequisition ID: 2023-70320 External
Company Name: Healthpro Heritage, LLC External Company URL:
www.healthpro-heritage.com Full Name: First Last: Jennifer Sfeir
Email: JSfeir@healthpro-heritage.com Number: 864-905-2115
Keywords: HealthPRO - Heritage, Washington DC , Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA), Healthcare , Fort Belvoir, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!