Nursing Graduate - Med/Surg Ortho - Full Time/7am-7:30pm February 2023 Cohort
Company: Luminis Health Doctors Community Medical Center
Posted on: January 26, 2023
A nursing graduate may practice as set forth by the Maryland Board
of Nursing for 90 days from graduation or until they have received
results from the initial NCLEX examination. In addition, the
nursing graduate shall practice only under the direct supervision
of a registered nurse who is physically present on the unit to (1)
cosign medication transcription, medication administration, and
nursing documentation; and (2) continually observe, assist,
coordinate, evaluate, and monitor the nursing graduate. The nursing
graduate shall use the initials "NG" after the nursing graduate's
name as credentials.
- Transcribe medication orders per written policies and
procedures once skill validation has been successfully
- Administer medications and controlled substances and sign
controlled substances sheets
- Document in the medical record with the abbreviation
- Perform patient assessments after the initial assessment or
after the first assessment of the shift performed by the registered
- Perform and document routine procedures taught within the
nursing graduate's generic nursing program including placing nasal
gastric tubes, performing urinary catheterizations, applying
sterile dressings, performing blood sugar checks and obtaining
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program.
- AHA or American Red Cross BLS certification
- Eligible to sit for NCLEX; A nursing graduate shall cease
practice as a nursing graduate immediately if the nursing graduate
fails the initial NCLEX examination or has not taken NCLEX exam
within 90 days of graduation.
Keywords: Luminis Health Doctors Community Medical Center, Washington DC , Nursing Graduate - Med/Surg Ortho - Full Time/7am-7:30pm February 2023 Cohort, Healthcare , Lanham, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!