Technician, Urgent Care
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: Upper Marlboro
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Provides clinical and technical support services to providers
and professional nursing staff in the Urgent Care department and/or
Clinical Decision Unit in order to assist in provision of patient
care, improve efficiency and optimize clinical outcomes.Essential
- Coordinates flow of patients in the department to optimize
throughput; keeps patients apprised of delays.
- Observes patients in the department and notifies the provider
and/or RN immediately if patient appears in distress.
- Prepares patients to see the provider; assists prior to,
during, and following examination as needed.
- Performs all skills required of the Clinical Assistant.
Additionally, inserts foley catheters, performs complex splinting
and performs venipuncture for the purpose of drawing blood or
inserting a saline lock.
- Provides and reviews written instructions with patients as
- Maintains examination and treatment rooms and other clinical
and reception areas. Cleans equipment following established
organizational guidelines. Ensures that established standard supply
levels are maintained and orders supplies as directed by the
Clinical Operations Manager or lead RN.
- Verifies eligibility and demographic information for both new
and existing patients and, when necessary, inputs data in
accordance with pre-enrollment and non-status change procedures.
Collects, secures, and accounts for payments received from members,
in compliance with established procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Two years ED
experience is required. BLS is required at the time of hire.Basic
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as an Emergency Department
technician, Emergency Medical Technician or military medic required
OR equivalent combination of experience as an Urgent Care Clinical
Assistant and completion of training on required skills.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived.Education
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required.License, Certification, Registration
- Certified Nursing Assistant only required for the state of
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification
- IV certification required within 6 months of hire.Additional
- Requires bending, lifting greater than 20 pounds, pushing
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Two years ED experience is required.
- BLS is required at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- N/ACOMPANY: KAISERTITLE: Technician, Urgent CareLOCATION:
Largo, MarylandREQNUMBER: 1104226External hires must pass a
background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest
and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a
manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but
not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Washington DC , Technician, Urgent Care, Healthcare , Upper Marlboro, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!