Company: Children's National Hospital
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Children s National Hospital in Washington D.C has an open full
time Pediatric Epilepsy Advanced Practice Provider Position to join
an established multidisciplinary pediatric epilepsy program
consistent of board-certified pediatric epileptologists, epilepsy
APPs, neurosurgeons, epilepsy dedicated neuropsychologists and
child psychiatrists, computational scientists, social work, family
support liaison and program coordinator. The role will be to care
for children with epilepsy in a specialized epilepsy program
through care coordination, contribute to a collaborative work
culture and provide innovative care through quality improvement and
research. The candidate should have a strong interest in pediatric
epilepsy patients. Clinical responsibilities include, but not
limited to, outpatient care of children followed in our specialized
epilepsy programs including surgical epilepsy, epilepsy genetics,
epileptic encephalopathy, infantile spasms, and ketogenic diet
program within the center of Neurosciences at Children s National
Hospital. Previous adult or pediatric epilepsy experience is
preferred. Children s National Hospital provides superb care for
our community, regionally, nationally, and internationally. The
Physician Assistant practices within their scope of practice as
appropriate in their jurisdictional area and in accordance with
their organizational Medical Staff Bylaws. The provider is
responsible for the management of care to patients including
diagnostic and therapeutic interventions, and the assessment,
implementation, and evaluation of an appropriate plan of care.
Provides leadership and consultation with their respective clinical
area through participation division/department initiatives and
mentorship of others. Participates in division/departmental and
organization wide initiatives to represent advanced practice and
leverage the role of the advanced practice provider. Functional
- Assess, diagnose, monitor and promote clinical status of each
patient utilizing evidenced based practice and medical knowledge.
- Develops appropriate plan of care.
- Writes patient care orders, prescribes therapy, and provides
necessary home care orders as needed.
- Identifies significant changes in patient status using physical
exam, lab values, diagnostic tests, and patient/family input.
- Differentiates between normal and abnormal findings.
- Performs procedures as needed after obtaining appropriate
- Participates in and leads multidisciplinary patient care and
- Is a clinical resource for patient, parents and the
- Communicates and escalates clinical/administrative issues as
- Collaborates with nursing, medicine, and other members of the
healthcare team to regularly ensure quality patient care.
- Serves as a clinical preceptor to APRN or PA students.
- Acts as a clinical resource for staff in patient care issues.
- Provides formal/informal educational presentation to staff on
areas of expertise.
- Participates in quality improvement work for the department.
Organizational AccountabilitiesOrganizational Accountabilities
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until
needs are met Teamwork/Communication
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others ideas and opinions Performance
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment Cost
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things Safety
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for
decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think,
Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Keywords: Children's National Hospital, Washington DC , Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!