Registered Nurse - Oncol job in Fairfax, VA
Company: Gifted Healthcare
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Oncology/Onc Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Oncology (Onc) nurses supervise and provide nursing care to cancer
Oncology/Onc RN Responsibilities:
- Oncology Registered Nurses integrate their technical skills,
scientific knowledge, and caring attitude to aid those living with
cancer, including their families - starting from diagnosis,
treatment, and then survivor-ship to end-of-life care.
- The Oncology RN reviews health history
- Assess and monitor physical and emotional status
- Keep track of laboratory, pathology and imaging
- Safely administer medications, fluids and cancer treatments
- Collaborate with doctors and other clinicians about treatment
plans. Create individualized care plans on patients under their
supervision and care.
- Help patients to understand the disease, proposed treatment
plan and possible side effects.
- Educate patients and the families regarding treatment
- Help patients plan for and manage symptoms throughout
- Help translate complex medical terminology and answer
- Communicate with doctors on behalf of the patient
- Recognize and treat cancer-related issues.
- Participate in research to enhance treatment protocols assigned
to cancer patients.
- Give supportive resources to both the patient and the families
to promote positive outlook.
- Watch and record the patient's progress on a constant
- Chart the patient's response to treatment and
- The RN performs other position related duties as assigned
Keywords: Gifted Healthcare, Washington DC , Registered Nurse - Oncol job in Fairfax, VA, Healthcare , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!