Company: Kingsman Academy
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Kingsman Academy School Psychologists administer
psycho-educational evaluations and submit and interpret written
evaluation results. School Psychologists also serve as core members
of individualized education program (IEP) teams and provide direct
mental health services to Kingsman Academy students. School
Psychologists are part of the Interventions Team and report to the
Director of Interventions. About Kingsman Academy Kingsman Academy
Public Charter School (Kingsman Academy) is an open-enrollment,
tuition free, public school that will open its doors in August
2015. Kingsman Academy will serve approximately 300 students in
grades six through twelve. Recognizing the District of Columbia's
need for a school that serves students at risk of dropping out of
school, Kingsman Academy welcomes all students, especially those
who are over-aged and under-credited, have attendance problems, or
have behavioral or emotional disabilities. The mission of Kingsman
Academy is to provide an individualized and rigorous education in a
supportive environment to prepare scholars for post-secondary
success and responsible citizenship. Kingsman Academy offers
individualized instruction and additional resources for all
students, rich special education services, a strong
Response-to-Intervention (RtI) program, a school-wide Positive
Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) program, numerous co
curricular and extracurricular programs, and an emphasis on family
engagement. Primary Responsibilities * Administer comprehensive
psycho-educational tests and submit written evaluations.
* Attend initial IEP meetings to interpret evaluation results for
instructional staff, students, and parents; discuss findings; and
offer concrete recommendations to boost student learning in the
* Attend annual and re-evaluation meetings.
* Serve as an equal member of the IEP team to determine eligibility
for special education and create IEPs aligned to student needs.
* Provide individual and small group psychological counseling
* Provide classroom-based interventions.
* Provide crisis support as needed.
* Complete functional behavior assessments (FBAs) and behavior
intervention plans (BIPs) in collaboration with the student and
special and general education staff.
* Participate in and help with the coordination of school-wide
initiatives such as the development and implementation of a
comprehensive multi-tiered response to intervention (RtI)
initiative, the Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
(PBIS) program, service delivery team (SDT), prevention, attendance
improvement, and homelessness assistance. * Maintain a working
knowledge of community resources available to students and families
and refer students and families as appropriate.
* Collaborate with outside agencies to share information and ensure
creation of seamless service delivery plans for students.
* Ensure completion of paperwork required for the delivery of
services, such as the creation of goals and objectives for IEPs,
progress notes, Medicaid reimbursement forms, social histories, and
* Maintain knowledge of policies, procedures, rules and regulations
related to the provision of special education services.
* Ensure all clinical services adhere to all regulations and align
with Kingsman Academy Clinical Services Manual.
* Collaborate with students, parents, special and general education
staff, the Director of Interventions, and outside agencies as
needed. Qualifications, Skills, & Qualities Successful candidates
will possess the following qualifications, skills, and qualities: *
Master's or doctorate in counseling psychology or school
* Minimum of two years clinical experience required.
* Certified by the District of Columbia as a school
* Experience practicing in an educational environment required,
preferably in urban secondary or alternative school settings.
* Experience administering psycho-educational tests, preparing
written evaluations, and interpreting results for parents,
students, special education and general education staff.
* Energetic, flexible, creative, innovative individual who can
develop strengths-based, student-centered support plans.
* Strong commitment to strengths-based service approaches.
* Ability to deliver highly effective integrated clinical services
to students with a range of cognitive, emotional, and behavioral
* Strong group facilitation skills.
* Strong collaborator.
* Able to translate student evaluation results to students,
parents, educators, and other IEP team participants.
* Able to multi-task effectively and follow through with
* A positive attitude, enthusiasm, self-confidence, and
* Ability to self-direct and prioritize among competing goals,
exhibit flexibility, and drive results.
* Adept at thinking strategically, translating plans into action,
and exhibiting excellent judgment.
* Excellent writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills
with keen attention to detail.
* Strong commitment to urban education and the mission of Kingsman
Keywords: Kingsman Academy, Washington DC , School Psychologist, Healthcare , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!