RN Registered Nurse - FT Days - Upper Marlboro, MD
Company: Advanced Recovery Systems, LLC
Location: Upper Marlboro
Posted on: June 25, 2022
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to join our TEAM! New
graduates are welcome to apply!Advanced Recovery Systems (ARS) is
an integrated behavioral healthcare management company dedicated to
the treatment of addiction, substance abuse, eating disorders and
mental health issues. With facilities in various regions of the
U.S., we have been furthering this mission since our inception,
applying our advanced approach to patient care. About ARS:
www.advancedrecoverysystems.comThe IAFF Center of Excellence is
dedicated to assisting firefighters and emergency medical
technicians, a population that experiences PTSD and substance use
disorders at twice the rate of the general population, struggling
with behavioral health challenges. The 64-bed facility is located
in Upper Marlboro, Maryland, a forested, serene town just 30
minutes east of Washington, D.C., near the Chesapeake Bay. About
Registered Nurse performs a wide variety of job duties during a
shift, caring for and educating patients about their medical and
psychiatric conditions. Establishing trust and building rapport
with patients and their families are key elements of this position.
Works effectively with the facility leadership team to ensure
success of the facility by completing the following:CORE JOB
- Ability to complete appropriate documents within the required
timeframe after admission to the program. Maintains medical
- Ability to administer medications as indicated and monitor
- Ability to transcribe Physician orders and implement all
Medical Protocols as ordered.
- Ability to confer with and assist medical personnel, both
internal and external resources.
- Ability to provide documentation which reflects services for
each patient in accordance with licensure standards.
- Ability to assess the medical and psychiatric needs of the
patient determine the urgency of their needs and expedite treatment
- Ability to effectively communicate concerns about patient
health to appropriate personnel and follows up as necessary.
- Ability to educate patients about medications, health issues
and medical conditions.
- Demonstrates ability to take verbal orders from the medical
provider, documents them in the patient record and carries them out
accurately and professionally.
- Demonstrates ability to provide routine nursing care under the
supervision of the Director of NursingOTHER REQUIRED TASKS:
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate with the treatment team in
incorporating medical issues into treatment planning.
- Demonstrates ability to participate in regular department
meetings and staff meetings.
- Demonstrates ability to interact with clients with compassion
- Demonstrates ability to display good work habits: get things
done in a timely, efficient manner with no excessive absences; is
on time for scheduled shifts and prepared to begin work.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with other
staff members and demonstrate the ability to work as a team
- Demonstrates ability to demonstrate flexibility and
adaptability, responding positively to changing situations in the
- Demonstrates objectivity and maturity under stress.
- Demonstrates ability to accept and utilize supervision.
- Demonstrates ability to address problems noted by
- Demonstrates willingness accept responsibility.
- Demonstrates ability to complete all tasks with concern for
work quality, timeliness, and efficiency.
- Demonstrates ability to encourage efficient utilization of
supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide for the preservation of
personal dignity of clients.
- Demonstrates the ability to report incident occurrences in
accordance with policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain safe physical
- Demonstrates the ability to comply with all regulatory and
accreditation guidelines and standards.
- Ability to maintain the confidential nature of all patients and
- Ability to maintain required Training & Continuing
- Ability to maintain Standards of Ethical Conduct.
- Reports any concerns to immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrates ability to perform additional duties, as deemed
necessary by supervisor.
- Electronic Medical Record experience a plus.Other Titles: Detox
Nurse, Addiction Nurse, Substance Abuse Nurse, Psych NurseCOVID-19
Vaccination RequirementARS requires all employees who work in any
facility or office to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
(including any booster shots if required), where allowable under
the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation
based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious
belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.Minimum
- Minimum Associate's Degree in Nursing.
- Licensed to practice in the State of Practice.
- BLS CertificationPreferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum two years' experience as a Registered Nurse
- Behavioral health experience preferred.We offer great benefits
including 401(k), paid time off plan, medical, dental, vision, and
much more.The Company complies with state and federal
nondiscrimination laws and policies that prohibit discrimination
based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion,
or sex. It is unlawful to retaliate against individuals or groups
based on the basis of their participation in a complaint of
discrimination or on the basis of their opposition to
discriminatory practices/EEO. We are proud to be a drug-free
workplace.About ARS: www.advancedrecoverysystems.comARS on YouTube:
the Job Posting:
Keywords: Advanced Recovery Systems, LLC, Washington DC , RN Registered Nurse - FT Days - Upper Marlboro, MD, Healthcare , Upper Marlboro, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!