Stroke Center Coordinator - RN - Relocation Offered!
Company: MEDSTAR HEALTH
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- Responsible for the management of the Accredited Primary Stroke
Center. Minimum Qualifications
- BSN accepted, MSN or MS preferred.
- Three to five years minimal experience working
- Emergency Room or critical care nursing; clinical experience
with stroke patients. Experience in teaching and/or clinical
program development and coordination desirable.
- Current Maryland RN License
- BCLS and ACLS certifications
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to comprehend and follow the policies and procedures
for MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center, Inc.
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills with patients,
coworkers, and others demonstrating excellent customer service
- Ability to read, writes, and speaks or communicates in English
to successfully accomplish the essential duties of the
- Knowledge of basic research principles and data
- Knowledge of care of the stroke patient.
- Knowledge of the guidelines and requirements for Primary Stroke
- Knowledge, skill and ability to identify and coordinate
resources for solving problems, review recommendations regarding
solutions to problems, and taking or directing action to solve
- Knowledge, skill and ability to annually complete the hospital
competencies and departmental competencies.
- Knowledge, skill and ability to provide leadership to the
stroke data researchers.
- Knowledge, skill and ability to accurately utilize the
following equipment; computer, Microsoft Word, Excel, phone, fax,
copier, projector, and scanner. Knowledge to accurately perform
basic research skills and data analysis. Primary Duties and
- Coordination of the Stroke Program at MedStar Southern Maryland
Hospital Center, Inc.
- Coordination with Medical Staff Stroke Program Director for
maintenance and growth of the program; for evaluation of outcomes,
and for improvement of outcomes.
- Assists and interfaces with the ED, physicians and other
members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Responsible for ensuring and supporting continued certification
as a primary stroke center.
- Ensures quality and regulatory compliance for the Stroke
Program providing education and development opportunities for
- Responsible for stroke data collection, serves as the keeper,
and reporter of the Stroke Registry.
- Responsible for meeting all the HIPAA regulatory requirements
in data submission to the appropriate entities and Registry.
- Responsible for preparing reports for committee meetings
related to strokes.
- Facilitates Stroke Community screening events and lectures to
include education, reporting and marketing for the stroke
- Consult with healthcare team and patient during
- Develop or collaborate on patient teaching materials.
- Completes on-going staff educational opportunities for all
levels and departments interacting with the Stroke population.
- Collects and analyzes on-going data regarding outcomes of the
Stroke Program. Submits required data to the Joint Commission and
other regulatory agencies as requested.
- Maintains clinical knowledge and skills for the stroke patient
- Resource to the hospital for care of the stroke patient
regardless of admitting diagnosis of the patient.
- Secondary responsibilities include staff development regarding
care of the stroke patient and development of related materials and
input on related PI projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President of
Cardiovascular Services. About MedStar Health MedStar Health is
dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in
Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the
practice of medicine through education, innovation and research.
Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a
variety of settings across our health system, including 10
hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest
visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected
institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical
education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more
than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next
generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and
professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers
diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MEDSTAR HEALTH, Washington DC , Stroke Center Coordinator - RN - Relocation Offered!, Healthcare , Clinton, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!