Registered Nurse I - Medsurg - Relocation Offered!
Company: MEDSTAR HEALTH
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- Job Summary
- Professional care provider who assesses, plans, implements, and
evaluates the nursing care of patients from admission through
discharge. In collaboration with the patient and family, provides
theory-based professional nursing care and coordinates care
delivery with various members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Minimum Qualifications
- BSN preferred, Associate Degree from an accredited School of
Nursing required; Bachelor's degree enrollment required within 6
months of start date and completion within 3 years.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state or
jurisdiction of the facility seeking employment, or Multistate
Compact state or license eligible. CPR certification required by
completion of introductory period.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Standard Job Duty: Contributes to the achievement of
established department goals and objectives and adheres to
department policies, procedures, quality standards, safety
standards, and MedStar SPIRIT Values. Complies with governmental
and accreditation regulations.
- Begins to collect and analyze the principles of
patient-centered care based on the physical, psychological,
socio-cultural, economic, spiritual, and life-style behaviors and
efficiently leveraging available technology.
- Provides relationship-based care that promotes continuous,
consistent, efficient and accountable delivery of nursing care
using the nursing process with a favorable focus on patient
- Identifies immediate requirements for care based on the nursing
- Begins to incorporate evidence-based practice and research into
patient care delivery with a focus on quality and safety.
- Recognizes ethical discourse in practice and patient care
delivery, seeking appropriate resources for patient and family
- Practices within legal boundaries of nurse practice act and
possesses a theoretical understanding and demonstrates the
application of the universal ethical principles.
- Individualizes patients plan of care, focusing on short term
goals and identifying health teaching needs of patients and
- Begins to prioritize and delegate tasks to peers and ancillary
staff as appropriate to scope of practice and unit
- Communicates the patient's information clearly and accurately
in verbal and written format.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment. Identifies actual
and potential patient safety issues and acts accordingly while
incorporating HRO quality and safety principles.
- Practices problem identification and demonstrates critical
thinking and clinical reasoning to establish new priorities for the
patient's plan of care. Follows the chain of command by consulting
with other healthcare professionals and seeks assistance as
- Evaluates patient progress towards short-range goals and
revises nursing interventions as appropriate.
- Initiates and monitors discharge planning activities in
collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary
- Engages in professional growth and development through
reflective practice from performance feedback and participates in
entity professional development activities.
- Supports and contributes to the unit, department, entity, and
organizational goals inclusive of the mission, vision, and
- Standard Job Duty: Participates in meetings and on committees
and represents the department and hospital in community outreach
- Standard Job Duty: Participates in multi-disciplinary quality
and service improvement teams.
- Standard Job Duty: Performs other duties as assigned. About
MedStar Health MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest
quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C.,
region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education,
innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated
physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system,
including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations,
the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly
respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the
medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for
more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the
next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education
and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health
offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MEDSTAR HEALTH, Washington DC , Registered Nurse I - Medsurg - Relocation Offered!, Healthcare , Clinton, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!