Registered Nurse Obstetrics - Relocation Offered!
Company: MEDSTAR HEALTH
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- Job Summary
- Professional care provider who assesses, plans, implements, and
evaluates the nursing care of patients from admission through
discharge. In collaboration with the patient and family, provides
theory-based professional nursing care and coordinates care
delivery with various members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Minimum Qualifications
- BSN preferred. Associate Degree from an accredited School of
Nursing required; Bachelor's degree enrollment required within 6
months of start date and completion within 3 years.
- 1 year of RN experience.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state or
jurisdiction of the facility seeking employment, or Multistate
Compact state or license eligible.
- CPR certification required by completion of introductory
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic math skills. Verbal and written communication skills.
Basic computer skills required.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Standard Job Duty: Contributes to the achievement of
established department goals and objectives and adheres to
department policies, procedures, quality standards, safety
standards, and MedStar SPIRIT Values. Complies with governmental
and accreditation regulations.
- Collects and analyzes significant patient's information that
pertains to physical, psychological, socio-cultural, economic,
spiritual, and life-style behaviors and efficiently leveraging
- Functions autonomously providing relationship-based care that
promotes continuous, consistent, efficient and accountable delivery
of nursing care using the nursing process with a favorable focus on
- Identifies current and potential complex problems of specific
patient populations, critically analyzes trends and changes in
patient status, and plans appropriate interventions.
- Incorporates evidence-based practice and research into patient
care delivery, with a focus on quality and safety.
- Serves as a patient advocate by independently communicating
clinical concerns, including ethical decisions, in a timely manner
to other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Practices within legal boundaries of nurse practice act and
possesses a theoretical understanding of the universal ethical
principles. Recognizes ethical discourse in practice and may seek
other resources in advocacy for support and counsel.
- Individualizes patients plan of care, focusing on short and
long-range goals and effectively uses a variety of teaching
resources to meet the learning needs of patients and families.
- Communicates patient information clearly and accurately in
verbal and written format.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment. Identifies actual
and potential patient safety issues and acts accordingly while
incorporating HRO quality and safety principles.
- Demonstrates effective leadership behaviors. Establishes
priorities and delegates tasks to peers and ancillary staff as
appropriate to scope of practice and unit requirements.
- Effectively uses problem identification and resolution skills,
focusing on the clinical scenario to resolve the apparent concern.
Follows the chain of command by consulting with other healthcare
professionals and seeks assistance as needed.
- Independently communicates concerns in a timely manner and
makes suggestions to members of the interdisciplinary team by
seeking and using resources effectively.
- Evaluates the patient's response to treatment and progress
toward short and long-range goals and revises nursing interventions
- Identifies patient and family needs prior to discharge.
Initiates and monitors discharge planning activities in
collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary
- Independently identifies resources and strategies to enhance
professional growth and development and commits to life-long
- Supports and contributes to the unit, department, entity, and
organizational goals inclusive of the mission, vision, and
- Standard Job Duty: Participates in meetings and on committees
and represents the department and hospital in community outreach
- Standard Job Duty: Participates in multi-disciplinary quality
and service improvement teams.
- Standard Job Duty: Performs other duties as assigned. About
MedStar Health MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest
quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C.,
region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education,
innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated
physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system,
including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations,
the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly
respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the
medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for
more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the
next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education
and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health
offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MEDSTAR HEALTH, Washington DC , Registered Nurse Obstetrics - Relocation Offered!, Healthcare , Clinton, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!