Cardiac Catheterization Nurse (RN) - Relocation Offered!
Company: MEDSTAR HEALTH
Posted on: May 16, 2022
MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center, located in Clinton,
Maryland, is an award winning, acute care hospital focused on
caring for patients and their loved ones utilizing advanced
technology under the guidance of expert clinicians. Quality,
Safety, Wellness, and Patient Satisfaction are achieved through a
spirit of patient centered services that connect us to the
community we serve. If you believe in patient focused care,
excellence, teamwork, and are committed to meeting the needs of our
patients and customers, we invite you to join our team!
- Job Summary
- The nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with
established policies and procedures of MedStar Health and the State
of Maryland Board of Nurse Examiners. The nurse will assist the
Director in providing nursing leadership and demonstrates
competency in leadership, supervision, and management of staff. The
nurse will supervise and provide feedback to the Director regarding
patient care and is a clinical role model. In collaboration with
the patient, the patient's family, and other members of the health
care team, the clinical nurse is responsible for assessing,
planning, implementing, evaluating, and coordinating patient
treatment plans. The nurse will be cross-trained to assist in Cath
Lab, EP Lab, IR Lab, and in the Pre & Post Recovery. On-Call is
required. Core competencies will be assessed in accordance to the
unit's specific patient population served.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Current RN licensure in the State of Maryland
- One year of ICU/CCU experience in arrhythmia and hemodynamic
monitoring of patients in an acute-care setting is preferred
- Associates Degree in Nursing acceptable, BSN preferred
- 3 to 5 years minimum experience working previously in a Cardiac
Catheterization Lab environment
- Current CPR and ACLS certifications
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to comprehend and follow the policies and procedures
for MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center.
- Ability to read, write and speak or communicate in English to
successfully accomplish the essential duties of the position.
- Ability to demonstrate ethical behavior that supports the
hospital's mission, values and commitment to compliance with all
federal, state and regulatory laws. Inspires trust and exhibits
honesty and integrity within the scope of daily activities.
- Exhibits professionalism, courtesy and excellent customer
service, while interacting with patients, guests and
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of
culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Knowledge of electronic monitoring devices.
- Demonstrate the potential ability to perform the duties of the
job as outline in this position description.
- Ability and skill to demonstrate human relation and effective
- Knowledge of Moderate Sedation and Cath Lab/ Angio
- Knowledge, skill and ability to identify a problem by
collecting information from several sources, analyzing the data,
and recommending an appropriate solution.
- Knowledge, skill and ability to take significant independent
action and judgment while covering all SMHC policies and
- Knowledge, skill and ability to assume the leadership role of
Charge Nurse when schedule.
- Must be able to wear lead apron during all cath lab cases.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability
to mentor others to improve the delivery of quality care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and
physiological status; takes appropriate action based on
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or
delegating care for a group of patients.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient.
- Serves as a patient and family advocate with respect to the
patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information
and by informing the physicians of patient requests.
- Ensures that consents, orders and documentation are present for
- Assist in the preparation of patient and equipment for
catheterization procedures by preparing site of entry, draping
patient, arranging sterilized instructions and catheters, and
calibrating and setting-up pressure transducers and tubing.
- Ensures sterile techniques and patient safety are
- Obtains and records hemodynamic, electrical, and angiographic
data by operating hemodynamic and electrical amplifiers and digital
and line fluoroscopic equipment.
- Attends to patient needs during cardiac studies.
- Administers intravenous and oral medications to patients.
- Assists in the collection of arterial and venous blood samples
and respiratory gases.
- Assist with training new employee peers in the technique of
cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, IR and in the Pre &
- Monitor's patient's vital signs.
- Participates in life-saving measures such as defibrillation and
- Assists Cath Lab leadership in daily assignments according to
competency matrix and departmental needs.
- Take call for the labs. The amount of call will depend on
- Other duties as assigned.About MedStar Health MedStar Health is
dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in
Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the
practice of medicine through education, innovation and research.
Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a
variety of settings across our health system, including 10
hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest
visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected
institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical
education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more
than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next
generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and
professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers
diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MEDSTAR HEALTH, Washington DC , Cardiac Catheterization Nurse (RN) - Relocation Offered!, Healthcare , Clinton, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!