Clinical Leader, Surgical Scheduling (RN) - Relocation Offered!
Company: MEDSTAR HEALTH
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- The incumbent in this position is an experienced registered
nurse who oversees and provides professional nursing care and
assists in the management of the operational, personnel and
financial activities of the unit(s). These functions are performed
in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and MedStar
Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures
- The MedStar Georgetown Operating Room houses 23 suites and is
staffed 24 hours, 7 days per week. We provide a wide range of
surgical services, including Transplant, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics,
Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery, General Surgery, Thoracic Surgery,
Robotic Surgery, Urology, Gynecology, Pediatrics, Vascular Surgery,
and Ophthalmology. The orientation program is coordinated by an
expert Perioperative Clinical Educator. Minimum Qualifications
- Education/Training:Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
B.S. degree preferred.
- Experience:Two years of related clinical experience in nursing
in an acute care facility. OR nursing experience preferred.
- License/Certification/Registration:Current D.C. license as a
Registered Professional Nurse; certification in Basic Life
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:Excellent interpersonal and
communications skills. In depth knowledge of nursing principles,
practice and skills. Competence in clinical area for which
application is made. Demonstrated leadership initiative. Primary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in directing, implementing, and monitoring a
24-hour nursing care delivery system for a clinical area ensuring
performance according to standards.
- Maintains Clinical Proficiency in specialty area, supporting
clinical staff as needed providing direct patient care while
continually monitoring and evaluating the quality of care and
services that is provided on the unit.
- Coordinates and collaborates with nursing staff, physicians,
patients, families and other departments those activities related
to patient and unit services.
- Promotes the professional growth and development of staff and
students by planning for, participating in and evaluating
educational opportunities as well as maintaining certification in
- Participates and facilitates involvement of the nursing staff
in research and development activities of the unit(s).
- Promotes and implements the Shared Governance model centrally
and at the unit level.
- Assumes responsibilities for the unit as delegated by and in
the absence of the Clinical Manager.
- Promotes Performance Initiatives and evidenced-based practice
through active engagement and development of unit based
- Assists in personnel management functions for the designated
area to include, but not limited to interviewing, orienting,
training, scheduling, coaching, counseling, evaluating, employees
as delegated by and with Clinical Manager's/Department Head's
- Participates in planning (as delegated) of orientation,
training, continuing education programs or other opportunities for
learning for the unit and other Hospital staff as appropriate.
- Participates in the monitoring and controlling of assigned
operational and capital budgets within administrative/departmental
guidelines, as delegated by the Clinical Manager.
- Participates in the recommendation of future strategies
required to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization in
the incumbent's area of expertise.
- Embraces and advances principles inherent in Magnet
designation, demonstrating and participating in all forces.
- Safeguards employee and patient rights and promotes a safe and
healthy work environment.
- Assures that all clinical/unit/personnel services are in
accordance with standards and criteria established by The Joint
Commission, state, local and federal agencies at all times.
- Supports clinical and non-clinical automation applications and
encourages use at point of service.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities that are appropriate
to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general
description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this
classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive. About
MedStar Health MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest
quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C.,
region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education,
innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated
physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system,
including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations,
the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly
respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the
medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for
more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the
next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education
and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health
offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MEDSTAR HEALTH, Washington DC , Clinical Leader, Surgical Scheduling (RN) - Relocation Offered!, Healthcare , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!