Outpatient Orthopedic Radiology Technologist
Company: MEDSTAR HEALTH
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Performs diagnostic medical
radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures through interpretation.
Performs EKGs, phlebotomy, IV insertions, autologous and
therapeutic donations, and obtains vital signs.Minimum
Registered by the American Registry
of Radiologic Technology; Associate's degree preferred.Experience
One year of work experience in a
health care setting, preferably a high-volume outpatient setting.
Orthopedic x-ray experience
ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists) certification. Radiology Technologist license in the
State of Maryland, Virginia or DC. CPR certification.Knowledge,
Skills & Abilities
Verbal and written communication
skills. Basic computer skills and experience in operating digital
x-ray equipment preferred.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals
and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures,
quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental
and accreditation regulations.
- Develops film including evaluating film for technical
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of work areas. Reports
any unsafe or potentially unsafe conditions. Maintains X-ray and
other equipment in efficient operating order. Performs preventative
maintenance on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Obtains patient history, answers patient questions, and
- Obtains vital signs, as indicated, along with required
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs radiographic examinations.
- Prepares, as required by the profession and the department,
such written documentation as evaluation results, individualized
treatment plans, and progress reports.
- Requests and orders supplies as necessary to keep materials on
hand at all times.
- Transports patients to radiographic room as needed. Prepares
and maintains room.About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care
for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while
advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation
and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians
work in a variety of settings across our health system, including
10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the
largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly
respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the
medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for
more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the
next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education
and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health
offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal
Keywords: MEDSTAR HEALTH, Washington DC , Outpatient Orthopedic Radiology Technologist, Healthcare , Brandywine, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!