Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RMDS)/ Vascular Technologist (RVT)
Company: Sanford Federal
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Sanford Federal (SANFORD) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a
Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal
professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced
information technology, cyber security, management systems support,
as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers
of technology solutions to the United States government. Our
mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information
technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve,
and protect the American people.
Job Title: Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RMDS)/ Vascular
Location: Washington, D.C
Job Summary: Sanford Federal is looking for a successful Diagnostic
Medical Sonographer (RMDS)/ Vascular Technologist (RVT) to perform
in Washington, D.C. Our ideal candidate succeeds at providing
relevant work experience, also, demonstrates an adequate education
and background in this field, and fully capable of accomplishing
his duties in such an effective and efficient manner.
Requirements: The candidate must meet the following
- Current resume to include most recently held positions at other
- Copies of current held licenses/registrations, including BLS
- Evidence of completion accredited program
- Three letters of references addressing the status and clinical
competence of the Technologist are recommended
- Maintains knowledge of physical assessment, aseptic techniques,
intravenous skills, and universal precautions.
- Knowledgeable in pre-procedural, procedural, and
post-procedural care of patients.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission and other regulatory
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with
employees at varying grade levels.
- Ability to provide, or provide for, staff development and
- Ability to manage and supervise employees if required.
- Provide the overall knowledge, skills, and abilities to conduct
diagnostic ultrasound examinations in complex and unusual
- Ability to perform diagnostic ultrasound examination on
multiple areas of the body, including, but not limited to, the
abdomen, pelvis, transvaginal, chest, small parts, thyroid, breast,
- Ability to perform vascular studies such as vertebral, renal
artery, aortic aneurysm, portal-systemic shunts, etc.
- Ability to assist radiologists with biopsy procedures
determining the location, depth, and required needle angle for the
lesion to be sampled.
- Ability to assist in surgical procedures and fluid
Duties: The candidate must perform the following duties:
- Balances the needs of the patients and staff while still
performing complex scans and procedures.
- Demonstrates appropriate techniques to gather relevant
information from the medical record, significant others, and health
- Access factors that may contraindicate the procedure.
- Advises radiologists of significant abnormalities that would
require their immediate attention and visualization while the
patient is undergoing examination.
- Participates in the training of physicians, students, and
radiology technicians so that these individuals may acquire an
understanding of the principles of ultrasound and how it relates to
other diagnostic exams.
- Makes multiple simultaneous settings and adjustments in
operation of equipment to insure accurate results. On the basis of
Radiologic findings, determines necessary ultrasonic procedures to
yield definitive diagnostic findings.
- Reviews new developments in the field and recommends to
supervisor those that would improve the operation of the
- Performs sonographic exams at the bedside and in the operating
rooms providing diagnostic images to the surgeons and professional
staff on patients that are unable to be brought to the Imaging
Section due to incapacity or surgical procedures.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving
our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions
for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our
nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence
communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our
soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to
highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all
qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Sanford Federal, Washington DC , Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RMDS)/ Vascular Technologist (RVT), Healthcare , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!