Laboratory Senior Scientist 1
Posted on: March 28, 2020
LMI, a strategic consulting organization focused on the federal
government, is seeking a Laboratory Senior Scientist I in the
Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) field. This
position is located in the National Capital Region. With the threat
of transnational terrorism and ongoing development of weapons of
mass destruction (WMD) by nations potentially hostile to the U.S.,
DHS has taken steps to integrate the full range of its
radiological/nuclear, chemical, and biological threat detection
programs. As the focal point for this effort, DHS Countering
Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) requires consulting and program
management support that can reinforce and better enable a more
dynamic and operationally-focused DHS strategy. Within CWMD, the
National Biosurveillance Integration Center (NBIC) is responsible
for early detection and situational awareness of biological and
chemical events anywhere around the world. The person selected for
this position will analyze collected samples to detect the presence
of select biological agents and report the results. The person
shall assist the federal Biodetection Director of Laboratory
Operations (DLO) with managing the day-to-day operations of
Biodetection laboratories by performing the following sub-tasks:
Provide technical advice, opinions, and options for determining
courses of action for technical issues, concerns and/or areas of
potential risk that may arise in the state and local laboratories
regarding sample processing and analysis of Biodetection samples.
Please note:This position will be located on a client site.
Finalists must be able to pass a DHS Suitability Check and Secret
- Provide technical review, comments, and recommendations on
laboratory operations reports received from various sources.
- Develop study plans and evaluate data and/or reports related to
efforts to optimize laboratory processes including, but not limited
to processing of environmental samples, analytical techniques, and
changes in technology.
- Consult with local Biodetection Laboratories found to have
discrepancies from QA Program audits and proficiency tests, and
track corrective action implementation in coordination with the
Biodetection Director of QA and the Biodetection DLO, or their
- Conduct periodic reviews of the Biodetection Laboratory
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and the Laboratory Quality
Assurance Program Plan (QAPP) at the direction of the DLO, and
update as necessary.
- Perform the functions of expert in the relevant scientific
field in support of major programs or system development.
- Support the Senior Scientist 2 in application of scientific
expertise in defining and resolving system issues, performing
analysis, and developing plans and requirements in the
subject-matter area for complex systems.
- Coordinate and manage the preparation of analysis, evaluations,
and recommendations for proper implementation of programs and
systems. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Microbiology, Immunology,
Molecular Biology or related field
- Ability to obtain high-level clearance and DHS suitability
- 10 years of experience in laboratory based science generating
analytical results from testing of clinical or environmental
- Master's degree in Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Molecular
Biology or related field (7 years experience)
- Active high-level clearance (current DHS Suitability
- Knowledge and experience in CBRN material as well as an
understanding of the hazards associated with their manufacture,
transport and use. #CWMD#CWMDKP
Keywords: LMI, Washington DC , Laboratory Senior Scientist 1, Healthcare , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!