Registered Nurse RN ICU CCU
Company: Maxim Government Services
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Other opening in Bethesda, Maryland. This and other rn jobs brought
to you by NursingJobCafe.com Maxim Healthcare Services is currently
seeking Registered Nurses to provide services at the National
Institute of Health in Bethesda, MD. This is a long term contract
opportunity with high likelihood of federal staff
transition.Available units are as follows:
- Med-Surgo Oncologyo Hematologyo Ophthalmologyo Case Managemento
- Wound Care
- Critical Care Unit / ICU
- Operating RoomBenefits to federal contracting:
- Excellent opportunity to gain entry into federal
- Rewarding experience in public service for your country
- Easy travel: federal Property allows you to work on any active,
unrestricted state license Maxim Employee Benefits Include:
- Paid Federal Holidays, Paid Time Off
- Health Benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- 401K Savings Plan
- Perkspot Employee Discount Program
- Employee Assistance and Work/Life Program Specialists and
Counselors available 24/7
- Maxim College Partnership Program
- Direct Deposit
- Travel and Relocation Assistance, as applicable 1 Full time RN
- Day/Night rotation 8 and 12 hrs shifts for 40 hrs per week
- Requires 2-3 years of Critical Care experience
- ACLS preferred but no required Experience/Qualifications
- RN License.
- Minimum of two years experience as a clinical nurse in a
similar unit, medical/surgical, or critical care
- Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices,
disease process and procedures to perform nursing assignments of
moderate difficulty and experience to acutely ill pediatric, adult,
and geriatric patients as appropriate. Utilizes the nursing process
as a basis for professional practice.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in
patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and
complications of their use as well as the accurate administration
of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as
required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper
documentation of patients condition including disease progress,
acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of
basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
- The duties required by the Medical/Surgical unit nurse
positions are as follows, but not limited to:
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and make
appropriate clinical decisions.
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates
the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality
and cost effectiveness
- Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in
accordance with all established policies, procedures, and
guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care
within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the
scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
- Excellent patient assessment skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a
diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare
team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the
patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate
communication format in addressing professional issues
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate
documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in
accordance with requirements.
- Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and react
quickly in emergency situations.
- Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized
medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring
devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit
- Performs a full range of nursing procedures such as: dressing
changes, catherization, wound irrigation, intravenous fluid
administration, blood transfusion, oxygen administration, vital
signs, specimen collection and other unit specific procedures as
prescribed by the provider.
- Completes orientation and competency verification programs in
accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
- Participates in the orientation, training, and evaluation of
duty performance of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
- Serves and participates in committees, functions and other
meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to
these groups, and assists with decision-making and process
improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, and
medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health
- Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and
patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies,
and process improvement initiatives.
- Other additional duties as assigned. For further information
and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Courtney Rogers
at or email your resume to
Keywords: Maxim Government Services, Washington DC , Registered Nurse RN ICU CCU, Healthcare , Bethesda, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!