Solution Architect - Government
Posted on: October 13, 2019
About ConduentConduent is the world's largest provider of
diversified business process services with leading capabilities in
transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent
experience. We work with both government and commercial customers
in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they
serve. We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a
significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the
customer interface for large segments of the technology industry
and the operational and processing partner of choice for public
transportation systems around the world. Whether it's digital
payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated
tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages
and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our
clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.Job
DescriptionThe Solution Architect within the Government Capture
Team is accountable for the identification, evaluation and
selection of current Conduent technology and operational related
solutions that will be included in Government proposals in response
to formal sales opportunities.
The Solution Architect will work across multiple technical
disciplines to facilitate meetings with Solution Owners and Product
Managers, Capture Management, Technology Solution Management,
Business Leadership, Global Procurement, Real Estate/Facilities,
CTPO and Technology Solution Management to identify and propose
solution options for consideration. The Solution Architect is
accountable for the solution's technical compliance and conformance
to the business and technical architectural direction for the
specific engagement. The Solution Architect identifies and works
closely with Solution Owners and Product Managers to develop
accurate costing estimates, and ensures the costs are reflected
accurately in all pricing models related to the engagement.
The Solution Architect is engaged during inception and planning for
sales opportunities that are of moderate to high complexity, and
remains engaged throughout the sales lifecycle of the engagement.
This includes participation in all strategic planning activities,
proposal development and review, and pricing development and
- Function as Government solution lead on assigned sales
opportunities and subsequent proposals.
- Work closely with Conduent Solution Owners and Product Managers
to ensure all solution information used in Government proposals
remains current and accurate at all times.
- Troubleshoot and provide solution and technical alternatives
and recommendations to overcome technical gaps and
- Work closely with Capture Manager and Proposal Manager to
develop a comprehensive, compliant, and value driven solution for
each assigned engagement.
- Work closely with Proposal Subject Matter Experts, writers, and
graphic artists to ensure assigned proposal solution messaging and
narrative is compliant and compelling.
- Collaborate with Line of Business (LOB) operational leadership
in their efforts to ensure accurate operational models for
delivery, staffing/human resources, real estate/facilities, and
- Work closely with CTS Technology Solution Manager (TSM) in
development of Technology Pricing Estimate.
- Perform technical solution assessments to help identify
operational, financial and contractual risks.
- Author narrative for complex areas of assigned proposals as
- Participate in narrative reviews and remediation efforts as
- Participate in solution demonstrations and oral presentations
- Ability to front-end discussions with existing and potential
clients in partnership with sales and LOB.
- Provide "teething" support to delivery teams post
Required Education, Experience and Capabilities
- Independent self-starter with the ability to perform work that
is complex and varied, with latitude for independent judgment and
minimal to no formal supervision.
- Broad technologist with the ability to grasp diverse technical
requirements and map to solution alternatives.
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships and
earn respect and credibility with both technical and business
- Previous experience defining and discerning key aspects of a
problem and developing an integrated solution within a broad
technical and business context.
- Ability to represent and present, as required, the proposal
solution overview in deal reviews.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Highest level of proficiency in both written and spoken
- Experience and understanding of state and local government
- 5+ years relevant work experience in one or more of the
following solution architecture domains:
- Claims Administration
- Provider Enrollment/Credentialing Administration
- Member/Eligibility Administration
- Pharmacy Administration
- Clinical and Quality Management Solutions
- Child Welfare
- Child Support Enforcement
- Electronic Visit Verification
- Long Term Support Services
- Health Information Exchange
- Home and Community Based Services
- State Payment Systems/State Disbursement Units
- Operational experience in a complex government healthcare or
benefits setting, such as Medicaid, CHIP, Child Welfare, TANF, or
SNAP is desirable.
- Strong organization and problem solving skills.
- Advanced writing skills with experience in proposal writing,
marketing material development, or technical writing.
- Proficiency with SharePoint
- Proficiency with latest versions of MS Office applications
(Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and other tools)
Additional Preferred Experience and Capabilities
- Operational experience in a complex government sector
environment is desirable.
- Previous experience aligning local goals and direction with
Business and IT vision, strategy and priorities.
- Comfortable with thought conflict and dealing with
- Strong verbal and writing skills including the ability to
translate technical data into user-friendly terminology and
graphics. Adept at developing and presenting complex material
effectively to a wide variety of technical and non-technical
- Ability to positively influence and motivate others in the
adoption and implementation of processes and technology
ClosingConduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers
applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender
expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide
dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status,
basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to
apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such
accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the
accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the
"Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google
Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click
here to access or download the form.
Keywords: Conduent, Washington DC , Solution Architect - Government, Government & Protective Services , Germantown, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!