Front Office Manager
Company: Embassy Suites Tysons Corner
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Location: US-VA-Vienna# of Openings: 1Category: Front DeskPosition
Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status: ExemptAbout Us
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Tysons Corner Hotel provides stunning
accommodations in a relaxed and friendly environment. Our suburban
Washington DC area hotel offers guests a convenient location for
exploring some of the area's most desirable tourist attractions.
The property wide renovation featured a complete revamp of the
guestrooms, inviting public spaces, fitness center and exterior
enhancements. The hotels new design plays homage to Washington D.C.
Set in Vienna, Virginia, this Tysons Corner hotel is located one
block from the Silver Line Metro Station and just 10 miles from
Dulles International Airport and downtown Washington DC., providing
an easy commute for our associates. Join our team and enjoy free
parking, free lunch, competitive pay and benefits in an environment
that promotes growth and development. Contact us to see how we can
elevate your career
Ensure guest service standards of the guest arrival, departure, and
any other guest contact experience are met through optimal
training, staffing, and supervision of labor, efficient management
of operating supplies, and proactive monitoring of guest service
scores and comments.
- Ensure efficient guest registration, checkout, guest service,
and telephone service, while ensuring all brand standards are being
- Implement company and franchise programs.
- Prepare forecasts and reports and assist in the development of
the room's budget.
- Monitor and maintain the front office systems and equipment to
ensure their optimum performance.
- Track guest satisfaction surveys and maximize usage of the
guest response tracking system.
- Develop and implement controls for expense management. Utilize
labor management tools to schedule and control labor costs.
- Interview, hire, train, develop, resolve problems, provide open
communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when
appropriate of staff members. Ensure timely completion of
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear
direction to staff.
- Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve
problems to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and
Ensure compliance of front office, guest service, and PBX standard
operating procedures and policies. Ensure all Front Office Quality
Standards are complied with and are consistently applied.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to
facilitate increased levels of communication and guest
- Assist in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to
achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of
- Resolve customer complaints; anticipate potential problems by
reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business
flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer
satisfaction and quality.
- Develop strong relations with the sales team to discuss and
implement sales strategies to continually improve occupancy levels
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards is
essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years Front Desk experience, preferably in
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree
- Proficient with PMS system.
- Advanced knowledge of brand's reward program.
- Able to handle cash and credit transactions.
- Computer literacy and financial management a must.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers,
some of whom will require high level of patience, tact and
diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and
- General knowledge of local area attractions and
- Able to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Able
to remain calm and alert, during emergency situations and/or heavy
hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing
equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety
and health, wage and hour issues and labor relations, including,
but not limited to the following statues and their comparable state
and local laws.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with associates and customers.
- Able to make sound business decisions and take action quickly
based on previous experience and good judgment.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans,
security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations,
preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget
forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Embassy Suites Tysons Corner, Washington DC , Front Office Manager, Executive , Vienna, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!