Company: Extra Space Storage
Posted on: October 13, 2019
At Extra Space Storage, if it matters to you, it matters to us!
Fast-paced and collaborative company with over 1,400 stores (and
growing) seeks career-oriented, success-driven, passionate,
intelligent and fun Property Manager for challenges, success and
Does this sound to you like a great match? If so, we're looking for
Is your enthusiasm and passion for helping people contagious? Why
not bring them to a new workplace where you can really make your
mark? If you enjoy working with other highly engaged people, a
culture that embraces innovation, delivering world class customer
service, and the opportunity to grow your career - then Extra Space
Storage is the place for you!
At Extra Space Storage, the Property Manager is critical in
creating a welcoming environment, creating the cleanest locations
in the industry, and identifying customer needs and exceeding their
expectations. Extra Space Storage seeks employees that have
entrepreneurial, can-do, positive attitudes, adaptability to
change, and integrity. If you possess these qualities and want to
join a dynamic, growing organization, then we are excited to hear
- The Property Manager works and directs Maintenance Workers at
- The Property Manager manages and directs at least four or more
other full-time employees at his or her site and possibly other
sites within the district.
- The Property Manager will be expected to participate in the
interviewing and the recommendation of hiring employees for his or
her site. The Property Manager will partner with the District
Manager to make recommendations for employees' career growth or any
other performance related issues, including annual reviews.
- As a Property Manager you'll work alongside your team to
maximize sales objectives with each prospective customer via the
phone, web or in person at your location.
- You will have the opportunity to recommend and implement
marketing strategies based on competitor information and your own
- Our team members consistently practice exceptional customer
service by welcoming future and current customers in a friendly,
enthusiastic and professional manner.
- Property Managers work with customers to identify their needs
and provide solutions that will contribute to their storage
- It is retail, so you will get the chance to sell/upsell high
quality retail merchandise such as boxes, locks, tape and other
- Our team members enjoy working outdoors. When not taking care
of customers in the office, our Store Managers spend approximately
50% of their time walking and tending to the property to ensure the
facility is kept to the highest of cleanliness standards. This
includes cleaning units, sweeping, mopping, changing light bulbs
and other general maintenance duties.
- Successful Property Managers need to be able to perform at a
high level without constant supervision, but also thrives in a team
- Our customers are important. You will get to build a loyal
customer base by creating great customer experiences and exceeding
- As a Property Manager you will manage the day to day operations
of the business and provide mentoring opportunities with assistant
- A High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Three years of related experience and/or training in direct
sales, retail and/or customer service is required.
- Leadership skills and experience supervising others is also
- Preference is given for college work or degrees.
- Common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished
in written, oral or diagram form and the ability to deal with
problems, new challenges and change is necessary.
We are a dynamic growing company with competitive pay and benefits.
We have a great culture and rewarding work environment with the
opportunity for advancement.
Note: If you have experience working in any of the following areas,
we encourage you to apply: retail, sales associate, customer
service, retail jobs, assistant manager, retail sales, retail
store, retail management, retail industry, 5 star customer service,
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the
""Find Internal Career Openings"" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage----Inc.--(NYSE: EXR) is a real estate
investment trust based in Salt Lake City, Utah with regional
offices in California, Connecticut, Florida, Maryland,
Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and Texas. Extra Space Storage
is the second largest operator of self storage in the U.S., and is
a national owner, developer, acquirer and operator of
professionally managed self-storage properties.Extra Space Storage
is a thirty year old company that has been involved in the
self-storage industry since its inception. Extra Space Storage's
mission is sustainable growth, based around six basic company
- Maximize customer satisfaction
- Provide an excellent product and service
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial business
- Increase shareholder value
- Grow the business
- Make Extra Space Storage a great place to workExtra Space
Storage is a growth-oriented company creating a new standard in the
self-storage industry. Both customers and communities benefit from
Extra Space Storage's professional approach to storage. Featuring
attractive, convenient and secure facilities operated by
professional managers, Extra Space Storage seeks to change the
association of self storage as a temporary holding place for
rarely-used things to a desirable, safe, and customer-oriented
facility perfectly suited for maintaining and accessing valued
Keywords: Extra Space Storage, Washington DC , Property Manager, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!