Vice President, People Operations
Company: Upside Business Travel
Posted on: September 15, 2019
We are an ambitious, well-funded startup with plans to change a $1
trillion-dollar global industry. This is no ordinary startup. We
have a proven management team that has done it before, done it
before together, and done it before in the travel industry. The
company is overflowing with fiercely intelligent people who have
tons of energy and an upbeat view of the future. We all act like
owners and we get a huge kick out of doing great work and doing it
fast. We like it even more when we come up with a fresh way to
solve a problem. Above all, we are devoted to delighting customers,
because that's at the center of everything we do.
We are currently seeking an experienced Vice President, People
Operations to join our team. We are looking to find someone who
cares deeply about creating and maintaining an awesome culture, as
well as guiding and supporting our team's needs as we continue to
- You have 10-15 years of progressive people operations
leadership experience in a high growth company and/or
- You have broad exposure in: building and supporting cultures,
talent acquisition and management, employee relations, learning and
development, operations, coaching, and succession planning.
- You have in-depth knowledge and understanding of talent
acquisition and management strategies as it relates to building
- You have a high level of emotional intelligence and the ability
to build strong trust with leaders and people across diverse
backgrounds and roles.
- You are someone who gets personal fulfillment by succeeding
through others and developing leaders, and have successfully lead
- You are motivated by challenges and bring positive energy and
solutions to whatever needs to be done.
- You are passionate about creating the best experiences for our
- You have previous experience in a startup environment and/or in
a rapidly scaling business where you are familiar with high growth,
changing needs, and supporting team members in a holistic way.
- You have overcome enough failures to avoid common pitfalls and
aren't afraid to experiment and make new mistakes.
- You have excellent judgment and tact, including the ability to
successfully communicate challenging messages in crucial
- You are excited about rolling up your sleeves to get things
- You have the ability to influence through strong relationships,
expertise, and data.
- You have the capacity to thrive in ambiguity and with
- You have a combination of both interpersonal and analytical
- You have superior written and oral communication skills.
ABOUT THE GIG
- Be a strategic partner to the leadership team and take on
responsibility for the development of practices and plans that will
support the company's cultural and business objectives.
- Partner with individuals and teams to rally around, and evolve
our cultural mantras through all people practices and
- Establish credibility throughout the organization to be an
effective listener and problem solver as it relates to the support
of leaders and team members.
- Lead a small team to support the coaching and development of
our leaders and individual team members
- Enhance and implement best practices that will improve the
overall effectiveness of the organization.
- Work with our leadership team and key stakeholders to create a
diversity and inclusion strategy involving and not limited to
people programs, policies, hiring, and training that create an
inclusive environment for a diverse workforce to achieve its
- Evaluate our internal metrics and continue to learn about
external best practices as it relates to our team.
- Improve our progressive and proactive compensation and benefits
programs to provide motivation, incentives, and rewards for
impactful and effective performance.
- Continue to improve practices associated with meeting the
strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
ABOUT USWe are positive, passionate, playful, and always pushing to
be better. Our team is a hodgepodge of challenge seekers, travel
gurus, startup junkies, and data-miners who see the big
YOU WANT TO TALK TO US IF--- You are motivated by disrupting the
norm.You have a great sense of humor and take your profession
seriously, but not yourself.Your entrepreneurial spirit drives your
bias for action.You are all about constructive feedback - you can
dish it out and you can take it.You thrive in the frenetic energy
of a startup.WHAT WE OFFERCompetitive salary + equity Full health,
vision, and dental coverageProfessional development stipend401K
plan Open paid time off Dog-friendly officeUpside Travel is an
equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all
backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual
orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place
to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the
communities we serve.
Keywords: Upside Business Travel, Washington DC , Vice President, People Operations, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!