Director, Customer Solutions
Posted on: August 17, 2019
About VividCortexVividCortex provides deep database performance
monitoring to drive speed, efficiency and savings. Our cloud-based
SaaS platform offers full visibility into major open source
databases - MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon Aurora, MongoDB, and Redis -
at any scale without overhead. By giving entire engineering teams
the ability to monitor database workload and query behavior,
VividCortex empowers them to improve application speed, efficiency,
and up-time.Founded in 2012, and headquartered in the Washington,
DC metro area with remote teams in the US and abroad, our company's
growth continues to accelerate (#244 Inc. 500). Hundreds of
industry leaders like DraftKings, Etsy, GitHub, SendGrid, Shopify,
and Yelp rely on VividCortex. We know our team is our greatest
strength so we support our people with excellent benefits including
401k, professional development assistance, flexible paid leave
(vacation, parental, sick, etc.), and a health/wellness benefit. We
enjoy getting together and giving back to the community through
volunteer services. We believe in offering every employee the tools
and opportunity to impact the business in a positive way. We care
about inclusiveness and working with people who help us learn and
grow.About the RoleVividCortex is looking for a Director, Customer
Solutions to deliver a compelling, easy and consistent experience
to our prospects and customers. Technically proficient and
knowledgeable, and comfortable in a customer-facing role, this
person is a skilled communicator, focused on sharpening our value
proposition, demo, and delivery to technical users, managers, and
buyers. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of
database technology and its business value, and a passion for
helping our customers solve their complex business issues from
strategy to execution. This function manages the Customer Success
team and reports to the CEO.This opportunity is located in
- Engage customers in technical database consultations to ensure
correct deployment, diagnose and identify problems, and solve
performance issues with VividCortex.
- Train customers and promote features and functionality of
VividCortex to enable users to successfully meet organizational
- Put technical and business knowledge to work by meeting with
strategic customers, partners and prospects to discuss how
VividCortex can meet their needs.
- As feasible and required, attend industry and partner
conferences, speak about/demo VividCortex to current and future
customers and influencers both informally and on panels and
webinars, and blog and create content such as presentations.
- Define what success means to customers and define a crisp set
of metrics, outcomes, and activities that ensures we're delivering
real customer success.
- Create a coherent strategy to deliver customer success in a
repeatable and scalable manner. Prioritize, resource, and execute
on the strategy.
- Hire, train, manage, and mentor a team of technically
proficient customer success engineers.
- Drive team to train users, grow adoption, remove friction
points, engage at-risk customers, and increase customer lifetime
- Work with sales and engineering to get a deep understanding of
customers' database monitoring needs, and how we can better develop
and deliver customer solutions, both directly and indirectly via
- Gather evidence from customers and prospects, and make
recommendations of high-value product features and enhancements
that strengthen our value proposition.
- Work with CTO, product, sales, engineering and marketing to
develop a technology strategy that addresses customer pain points
and market opportunity.
- Identify and address product/documentation improvements that
reduce friction and time to value for the customer.Preferred
- 10 years of relevant experience in technical and customer- or
people-focused leadership roles such as product management,
partnerships, customer success, or engineering management
- Must have a technical background, and experience working with a
database such as Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, Postgres, or MongoDB and/or
database administration and site reliability engineering
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, preferably
with experience conducting webinars, public speaking and
- Experience in data analysis and using SaaS customer success
- Experience with Enterprise data transformation and/or cloud
- Experience working in a start-up/new tech environment
- Experience managing a distributed team directly and
- Must be able to travel regularly (up to monthly) to customer
and industry gatherings
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or BusinessNote to Agencies
and Recruiters: VividCortex has a strict company policy against
engaging with unsolicited contact from agencies or recruiters.
Unsolicited resumes and leads are property of VividCortex and
VividCortex explicitly denies that any information sent to
VividCortex can be construed as consideration.
Keywords: Vividcortex, Washington DC , Director, Customer Solutions, Executive , Arlington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!