Director of Facilities
Company: Goodwin House
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Goodwin House is currently seeking a Director of Facilities Management. This position is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Facilities Management Department, including Maintenance and Plant Operations and all employees within those disciplines. Will perform all necessary functions in the operation and preventative maintenance of all heating boilers, cooling chillers, cooling tower, ventilation, and all related equipment. Knowledge and ability to handle any and all emergency situations and equipment breakdown, malfunction or failure. Ensure the efficient operation, maintenance and repair of all building systems. Building systems include HVAC, water treatment program, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, fire protection, structural, hardware and keying system. About Goodwin House: Goodwin House is a leader in the Life Plan industry. We encourage employees to grow through education and professional advancement. As a faith-based not-for-profit with a strong and stable financial base, we offer a welcoming, stimulating place to begin or advance your career. We offer excellent healthcare benefits, 401(k) with generous employer match, tuition assistance, in-house training opportunities, and the opportunity for advancement. If you would like to work with us, we encourage you to complete the online application. Please be sure to include all your work history, salary requirements, and professional references. Goodwin House provides an enriching and supportive work environment. The rich benefits package includes: --- Generous 401(k)
- Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Coverage
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Free Life and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Specially Priced Employee Meals EOE The ideal candidate qualifications include the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or Business Management or equivalent experience or relevant certification(s) such as class 3 and/or 1 preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in Building Operations and Maintenance within a management position, preferably in Healthcare industry.
- Strong communication, coordination and organizational skills.
- Must possess ability to deal tactfully and effectively with staff, residents and contractors.
- Knowledge of security systems, CCTV, AV systems, a plus.
- Experience in PERT, CPM and GANTT methodologies preferred.
- Must have computer competency.Conversant in electronic maintenance management software.
- Read and understand technical specifications, descriptions, drawings, and blueprints.
- Ability to draft and complete specifications and standards for RFP's/RPQ's desired.
- Ability to evaluate proposals.
Keywords: Goodwin House, Washington DC , Director of Facilities, Executive , Alexandria, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!