Posted on: November 20, 2023
If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process. HR Manager Full Time Washington,
DC, US ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEWEducare DC is growing to serve 424
children from prenatal to five years old - and their families -
across eight sites in Wards 7 and 8 - through our state-of-the-art
center and through community partnerships. Building on the program
foundations of Early Head Start and Head Start, Educare DC promotes
school readiness by providing high-quality, comprehensive early
learning programming for children who are historically underserved,
eliminating the opportunity gap often experienced by low-income
communities. Educare DC is part of the 24-school Educare Learning
Network that serves as a platform for broader change, inspiring
high-quality programs in communities, improving public policies
nationally and within each state, and demonstrating a
comprehensive, research-based approach to the first five years of
life and learning. Educare draws on a blend of private and public
dollars, including federal childcare funding, Early Head Start,
Pre-K, and other state and federal funding streams.POSITION
OVERVIEWThe -Human Resources (HR) Manager is responsible for
assisting the Human Resources department with successfully
executing human resources programs, initiatives, and policies to
ensure a fully staffed organization and positive work culture,
while maintaining equitable treatment of all employees. The HR
Manager will be responsible for assisting with key HR areas,
including performance management, employee relations, data
collection, recruitment, hiring/onboarding, and staff development.
This position must ensure and maintain the highest level of
confidentiality of work documents, communications, and processes,
- Ensure employees understand and adhere to policies and respond
to employee inquiries as needed.
- Coordinate recruiting efforts (for example, job fairs,
networking events, vacancy postings) to ensure that competent,
diverse, and skilled employees are hired. -
- Coordinate with all hiring managers to complete identified
pre-hire requirements, including conducting screening interviews,
completing reference checks and post-interview follow up with
- Assess execution of new hire components, including orientation
dates, onboarding training schedules and introductory evaluations,
offer recommendations for continuous quality improvement and
resolve any gaps in delivery of onboarding components.
- Coordinate with the V.P. of Finance & Administration,
outsourced HR vendors and attorneys if needed, to resolve with
sensitivity any employee relations issues and/or grievances that
- Review disciplinary actions and ensure they meet organizational
requirements, providing training and consultation, as necessary.
- Maintain data regarding employee vacancies and retention.
- Oversee the annual performance review schedule and compilation
of reports. -
- Complete annual review of the Employee Handbook, overseeing
edits as needed.
- Provide guidance on compensation strategy planning and
administration and communicate compensation policies and procedures
to employees as approved. Ensure that the organization complies
with all local, state, federal and funder required HR guidelines,
requirements, and laws. -
- Other relevant duties as assigned. EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
- A successful history in setting priorities; keen analytical and
critical thinking skills which support and enable sound decision
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in
writing, with diverse populations, groups, and classes, including
candidates for hire, staff, and external constituents.
- Must be able to exercise immense discretion in handling
confidential information and materials.
- Demonstrated skills in recruiting and staffing strategies,
preferably in an educational setting.
- Technology savvy with keen knowledge of Excel; thorough
understanding of Microsoft Office and email systems. -
- Ability to document, monitor and track information, and develop
- Must have good computation skills, be well organized and detail
- Must have experience with office equipment and ability to
manually operate and use a computer.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, write, and understand
- Must have strong interpersonal, organizational,
problem-solving, and analytical skills. -
- Must have a working knowledge of HR laws and regulations. -
- Bachelor's degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources,
Business Administration, or a closely related field
- Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional
Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR)
- 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources, three years in a
supervisory position preferred, or an equivalent combination of
related training and experience.ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Clearance of background checks as required by local, state, and
- Physical examination and diagnostic tests as required by local,
state, and -federal regulations.
- Annual physical exam, drug screen, TB test, and COVID 19
vaccinations are required as a condition of immediate and continual
- Knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards and OSSE
licensing regulations considered a plus.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Finger dexterity sufficient for typing, filing, handling
records, and other office equipment.
- Ability to talk, hear, sit, stand, walk; use hands to finger,
handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and
arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to clearly hear and understand telephone
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- This job requires viewing a computer screen approximately 75%
of the time.Educare DC offers a competitive benefits package that
includes medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement accounts
with company match, paid time off, paid parental leave, and more.
Educare DC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. -Diverse
candidates are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Educaredc, Washington DC , HR Manager, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!