Operations Manager, Administrative Services
Company: Service Employees International Union
Posted on: November 19, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: Operations Manager,
Administrative Services Job Title: Operations Manager,
Administrative Services Grade: C1Location: Washington,
D.C.ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW:The 2 million members united in the
Service Employees International Union (SEIU) are at the forefront
of a movement to build power for working people and empower all
workers to form unions, no matter what job they do. SEIU members
are from every walk of life, every political party, every
background, every faith. They come from communities with their own
stories and strengths, and that makes the Union all the more
powerful because there's strength in numbers. SEIU members work
across the healthcare spectrum providing high quality care and
services. They are the workers who keep our nation's airports
running and make sure landmark buildings are clean and secure. They
provide essential public services and give a foundation of learning
to our youngest and brightest. SEIU members believe in and are
fighting for a Just Society where all workers are valued and all
people respected-no matter where they come from or what color they
are; where all families and communities can thrive; and where we
leave a better and more equitable world for generations to
come.Purpose:The Operations Manager of Administrative Services
Reports to the Director of Administrative Services and is
responsible to assist the Director in the management and
maintenance of the SEIU International headquarters building.The
position is responsible for managing all phases of purchasing of
capital and operating items including the preparation, maintenance
and compliance with the capital budget. Position oversees all
mailroom operations, materials, asset inventories, and offsite
storage. Preforms coordination of internal moves.PRIMARY
- Initiates the purchasing process with outside vendors, securing
cost estimates, bids, scheduling work, and quality control.
- Oversees all mailroom operations, materials, asset inventories
and offsite storage.
- Manages Netsuite Purchase Module, for all aspects of
procurement requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, invoices
- Seeks out new, quality vendors, and maintains relationships
with existing vendors.
- Approves spending for specific expense line items, within
- Assists with the development of the annual capital budget and
ensures ongoing compliance with that budget.
- Oversees the purchase, receipt and dissemination of stationary,
furniture, equipment, promotional items, coffee, medical cabinet,
beverages and building supplies for 1800 Massachusetts Avenue;
tracks use of equipment and supplies and costs by department for
- Coordinates internal and external moves including, allotment of
space, furniture, electrical and equipment needs; works with the
Information Technology Department and the Building Management
Company (Cushman Wakefield).
- Oversees Asset Inventory System including contracting with
Assets Inventory Companies.
- Oversees off-site records storage, working with records Storage
Company on maintaining the Union's records.
- Supervises mailroom staff and operations to provide effective
handling mail, shipping and receiving and messenger service in a
- Works across SEIU departments and divisions to collaborate,
share best practices and troubleshoot in order to achieve the most
efficient and cost-savings systems.
- Oversees activities involved in the use and maintenance of
SEIU's Materials Inventory, tracking use and storage locations of
printed literature and other materials held at 1800 Massachusetts
Avenue, as well as off-site, for departments.
- Plans and coordinates space planning for incoming materials and
advising on disposal of selected materials.
- Provided back up to Director of Administrative services.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of the work of the
department and the union.Contacts:Include SEIU Staff, Field Staff,
and leaders. SEIU Local Unions, Outside vendors, UPS, shipping and
messenger companies.Direction and Decision Making:This position
reports to the Director of Administrative Services and must often
work without supervision.Education and Experience:A minimum of
three (3) years of related work experience OR a combination of
education and experience that would provide for the following
knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of labor unions and their operation
- Through knowledge of and ability to negotiate purchase, lease
and service contracts.
- Knowledge of facility management, principle, and practices
- Through knowledge of mailroom and purchasing operations.
- Through knowledge of information systems and office
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize budgets and large
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Ability to work independently and meet established
- Ability to resolve conflicts while maintaining important and
- Skill in the use of personal computer including Microsoft
Office Suite and Netsuite purchasing software, and Automated
shipping/mailing systemsPhysical Requirements:Work is generally
performed in an office setting, but may be required to work in
other settings conducive to performing the tasks required to
complete assignments. May require coordination with field offices
and locations. Some travel and long and extended hours required.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: Candidates will be required to show proof
of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing
employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a
case-by-case basis for either a) a certain medical condition(s); or
b) on the basis of sincerely held strong religious beliefs and
practices; c) as otherwise required by law.
Keywords: Service Employees International Union, Washington DC , Operations Manager, Administrative Services, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!