Federal Political Manager
Posted on: September 21, 2023
WHO WE ARE AS A TEAM:Voices for Progress (V4P) galvanizes the
advocacy of major political donors, business leaders,
entrepreneurs, philanthropists, and other prominent individuals who
unite to champion a healthy climate and environment, strengthen our
democracy, and ensure economic and social justice for all. Advocacy
priorities have included economic inequality, health care access,
climate change, immigration reform, voting rights, criminal justice
reform, gender equality, campaign finance reform, judicial
nominations, environmental justice, budget and tax policy, and
more.The V4P staff are passionate about the change we're working to
make in this country and are committed to living our values in how
we support each other and the collaborative way in which we work
together. Our personal backgrounds are as diverse as the wide range
of policy issues we're engaged on. We're an energetic bunch who are
constantly innovating within a rapidly expanding organization.Get
to know the V4P staff at: WHERE YOU'LL FIT IN THE TEAM:The
FederalPolitical Manager will be an integral part of the Political
Team. This position will recommend political direction, act as the
organization's representative in relevant political coalitions and
with candidates, manage efforts to raise funds for candidates,
create materials for and lead grasstops candidate events, and
manage other political efforts. This position is an exempt position
and reports to the Vice President: Political. This position is
funded by and performs these responsibilities on behalf of a
501(c)(4) sister organization focused on building relationships
with and electing progressive candidates with a focus on
under-represented communities.The position is located in
Washington, D.C. Currently, staff may choose to work remotely.
Travel occasionally around the Washington, D.C. area for meetings
and conferences and to Sacramento, CA approximately once or twice a
year for Policy Summits and staff collaboration. Reasonable
alternatives may be available.V4P is committed to a diverse staff
and to an inclusive culture that holds equity as a value and a
priority. V4P welcomes applicants who bring a variety of
perspectives, experiences, and competencies. We strongly encourage
applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and
bicultural individuals, as well as members of the LGBTQIA+
community. V4P is committed to supporting employees of varying
abilities and to providing reasonable accommodations to enable
individuals with disabilities to thrive at V4P.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Political Direction: Analyze key races and the political
landscape to identify which V4P should prioritize. Help determine
- Political Program Implementation:
- Manage political portions of and lead some briefings, candidate
interviews, and other political programming.
- Responsible for overseeing the creation of political materials
for interviews, advising sessions, and other programming for
- Manage efforts to raise funds for candidates via non-connected
- Manage the federal candidate questionnaire process.
- Create and shape the message of frequent communications with
grasstops advocates regarding taking action on important political
- External Collaboration:Represent the organization and its
political and policy positions in coalitions and staff-level
meetings. In doing so, maintain and expand organizational
relationships with candidates, allied political organizations,
etc.WHAT WE PROVIDE:We hope that you are excited by the opportunity
to work with us. We are proud to offer a comprehensively designed
benefits package and other perks to support our team and allow us
to focus on our work of championing a healthy climate and
environment, strengthening our democracy, and ensuring economic and
social justice for all.
- Compensation: The salary for this position is $75,000 or more.
Final salary will be commensurate with qualifications and
- Insurance: We offer medical, dental, vision, disability, and
life insurance coverage for you and your family. Full-time
employees who select individual medical coverage costs $1 a
- 403(b) Plan: We match 100% of the first 4% of your
contributions and 50% of the next 2% for a maximum of 5% of your
- Generous Vacation and Paid Time Off: We've built infrastructure
to encourage our team to rest and recharge throughout the year. (12
paid personal leave days, 12 sick days, 14 paid wellness days, 12
holidays, 3 floating holidays, 7 days of paid office closures
including a 1-week winter break).
- Paid Leave of Absence Policy: Paid for any FMLA-covered event,
including parental or family leave. No waiting period.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Comprehensive access for
employee and household members at no cost.
- Pre-Tax FSA Plan: medical, dependent care, and transit
- Cell Phone Stipend: $75 monthly to support cell phone
expenses.WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- At least five years of experience in a related field (e.g.
political campaigns or committees, movement political organization,
political advising, or other types of relevant experience). An
advanced degree may substitute for experience.
- Background in federal politics required.
- Clear communicators with strong presentation skills are highly
preferred. Able to explain the dynamics of campaigns and elections
clearly, simply, and concisely.
- Proven ability to build relationships with candidates, campaign
staff, and national allied political organizations preferred,
especially those representing historically marginalized
- Team players who collaborate well with others and can manage
multiple projects, including urgent situations.
- Competency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite required.
Very strong computer skills, and willingness to learn new software
- Superb attention to detail and ability to organize significant
amounts of information.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced multi-office organization, in
which change is not uncommon.
Keywords: Voicesforprogress, Washington DC , Federal Political Manager, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!