FULL-TIME FAS STAFF Associate Director for Clean Energy WASHINGTON, DC $115,000 -' $160,000 Annually
Company: Federation of American Scientists
Posted on: September 21, 2023
FAS is seeking to hire a seasoned professional to help to lead
our dynamic and growing clean energy portfolio. Since 2020, FAS has
supported the advancement of climate and clean energy policy,
working hand in hand with policymakers from across the federal
government to develop and support policies and programs aimed at
accelerating a just clean energy transition across the United
States. In this historic moment of investment, FAS is well
positioned to continue to evolve and design innovative programming
and policies to support the transition to a clean energy future. We
seek an entrepreneurial, resourceful, clean energy and climate
enthusiast to join our ranks to support and lead this exciting
portfolio.What you'll do (core responsibilities)
- Oversee the management of FAS clean energy activities: oversee
the FAS' clean energy portfolio including directing individuals and
teams in the design, development and delivery of clean energy
policy, programming and fellowships.
- Lead and grow strategic initiatives to advance and grow FAS'
clean energy portfolio: support the development and execution of
strategies to grow the FAS clean energy portfolio including
engaging with policymakers to identify opportunities, building and
executing on fundraising, and converting emergent opportunities to
advance FAS impact into new programs and policy wins.
- Serve as FAS subject matter expert on clean energy: Provide FAS
and federal partners with subject matter expertise to inform
strategic opportunities to drive progress on clean energy policy
and initiatives across FAS including fellowship placements, policy
development and design, strategic communications, and other
emergent areas as needed based on FAS' mission and goals.
- Develop policy ideas and support implementation with key
federal partners: engage with policymakers from across the federal
energy ecosystem to identify opportunities, work to design and
develop actionable policy proposals, and support their
- Provide vision and support for clean energy implementation
efforts connected to recent Federal legislation (i.e., IIJA,
IRA):help develop and guide a set of emerging activities to support
the delivery of new work focused on maximizing outcomes from the
recent federal legislation at the state and local levelSkills and
- A deep understanding of the U.S. federal energy ecosystem and
experience in some of the following: past and existing policies and
core federal energy programs, critical agencies and offices and
their functions and strategic priorities, the clean energy
innovation pipeline and its component parts across federal R&D,
commercialization, and deployment, and other related programs or
policies within clean energy.
- Experience researching, advocating, and/or developing climate
and energy policy and working with federal policymakers/legislators
to support implementation.
- A working understanding of climate and clean energy innovation
and technology across the United States and the challenges and
opportunities to advance and accelerate deployment.
- 10+ years professional experience with 5+ years of experience
in a leadership role, overseeing teams and projects with increasing
responsibilities including building project plans, overseeing
programs and operative models, and leading teams to successfully
- An understanding of federal innovation tools and policy levers
to drive change in government.
- A passion and interest in building programs and strategic
initiatives to advance FAS work and impact to achieve a clean
energy future in the United States.
- A problem solver and big thinker mindset capable of identifying
opportunities for impact, developing proposals and project plans to
achieve that impact, and leading early career staff in execution of
- An entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated ability to manage
through ambiguity and successfully build robust and impactful
initiatives.Nice to have
- Direct experience working in or with the U.S. Department of
- Demonstrated disciplinary skill sets and a diversity of
experiences to bring to bear from management consulting, research
and advocacy, applied innovation and design, technology, product
Keywords: Federation of American Scientists, Washington DC , FULL-TIME FAS STAFF Associate Director for Clean Energy WASHINGTON, DC $115,000 -' $160,000 Annually, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!