Director, Communication & Marketing
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Are you a dyed-in-the-wool Republican? Do you have a contact
list of political reporters on speed dial? What about getting
content shared by conservative and media voices on Twitter? Do you
excel at writing content, crafting an angle, getting media
attention, and juggling multiple projects while being crazy
creative and hitting deadlines? Do you thrive in the fast-paced
environment of politics and enjoy taking the lead on multiple
Cygnal is hiring a Communication & Marketing Director to handle
comms, PR, and brand building for Cygnal and its pollsters. You
will be in charge of content development and advertising for Cygnal
and its subsidiaries along with sales materials to help our team
succeed. To fit in at Cygnal, you'll need to display the company
- Move Now - We default to action and are kindly responsive.
- Obliterate Obstacles - We take ownership of outcomes and learn
from failing fast.
- Wow Everyone - We create value, set clear expectations, and do
the right thing.
- Never Settle - We are curious, always learning, and
- Work Smart - We are simplifiers - efficient, effective, and
As the Communication & Marketing Director, you will work alongside
the President, EVPs, and pollsters of the company, handling
everything from developing media releases/PR opportunities and
web/social content, to creating direct mail and client gift
campaigns, to managing sales materials and advertising. You will
support the Sales team/pollsters by generating authority and
credibility for the company. You will deploy successful marketing
campaigns from ideation to execution for two different verticals -
political and corporate/issue.
- Raise the profile and credibility of Cygnal and its pollsters
by generating PR opportunities, media engagement, and social media
- Write, publish, and promote engaging content that provides
values for our clients and prospects and raises our brand awareness
and positions us as subject-matter experts.
- Write, design, and send regular email newsletters.
- Develop marketing and sales materials.
- Manage social media by posting content regularly and engaging
with our communities.
- Create and manage a marketing calendar.
- Draft and own the marketing budget.
- Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about our
company and drive interested prospects.
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition
channels like content creation, content curation, pay-per-click
campaigns, publicity, social media, and lead generation
- Develop business cases for marketing programs.
- Oversee contractors, like web developers, designers, and video
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns,
learn from wins and losses, and assess against goals.
- Demonstrable experience in campaign/political or Hill
communications, PR, and marketing and advertising with the
potential and attitude required to learn.
- Ability and network to frequently generate media and social
- Strong project-management and problem-solving skills.
- A love for great, snarky copy and witty communication.
- Ability to learn and adapt rapidly, taking feedback in
- Creative thinking; able to come up with unique ideas to break
through the clutter.
- Working knowledge of Wordpress.
- Ability to concisely explain complex ideas.
- Stellar grammar and writing skills.
- Mental toughness to balance competing project demands on short
- Flexibility to work weekends and/or unconventional hours as
- Preferred: Proven experience in identifying target audiences,
setting up ad campaigns (Facebook Ad, Linkedin Ad, and Google Ad
campaigns), and managing them to completion across channels - all
to generate leads.
Ideal Candidate Profile:Required
- 3+ years' experience in a political/campaign/Hill
communications or marketing execution role.
- Pre-existing relationships with political media and copywriting
- Ability to create and manage multiple PR and marketing projects
- Social media management and proven lead generation and audience
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Track record of managing contractors.
- Performance-driven and knowledge-hungry with a teachable
mindset and willingness to accept and apply feedback.
- Resides in or is willing to relocate to the Washington, DC
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communication, or a related
- Competent in a sales CRM, Microsoft products, and efficient in
email and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with a business intelligence or online dashboard
- Experience producing content for demand generation and thought
- Graphic design, audio/visual production a plus
- Competitive base salary ($80k-$110k) commensurate with
experience and skills.
- Individual variable compensation plan for achieving and
- General health, dental, and vision insurance contribution.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance and
term life insurance.
- 401k plan with company match.
Cygnal is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Cygnal, Washington DC , Director, Communication & Marketing, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...