VP, Public Policy & Government Affairs
Company: FNAC ID- FUJIFILM North America Corp Imaging Divis
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Overview The Vice President of Public Policy and Government
Affairs will be expected to have experience on Capitol Hill and
have the skills and relationships to lead the government affairs
function of the organization. The incumbent is responsible for the
development and execution of government relations strategies and
the day-to-day management of government relations at the state and
federal levels. This role requires significant experience with
government and regulatory agencies, political affairs, public
policy, grassroots advocacy, management, and industry
affairs.FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation is the holding
company for North American based FUJIFILM companies operating in
many states across the US, as well as in Canada, Brazil and
Colombia and engaged in the research, development, manufacture,
sale and service of FUJIFILM products. The company serves a broad
spectrum of industries in the U.S. including medical and life
sciences, electronic, chemical, graphic arts, information systems,
broadcast, and photography.This position is located in the
Washington, DC area. External US Responsibilities
- Partner with the CAO, CEO and Regional Executive Leadership
Team to define the strategic direction of the organization's policy
and advocacy objectives and the investments necessary to achieve
- Serve as a member of the organization's Senior Leadership Team
and contribute to the achievement of high impact
- Lead the process to develop, grow and maintain an influential
position for the organization impacting federal public policy
- Develop strategic direction and tactics to advance Fujifilm's
priorities and federal policy agenda working closely with Ally
organization executives; drive consensus-building efforts with
Allies and within the organization.
- Oversee and ensure an effective key, influential stakeholder
outreach program to support the Region in promoting the
organization's strategic objectives with top subject matter expert
- Support the development of policy positions and strategies to
advance the interests of Fujifilm.
- Anticipate emerging government, public, or community/social
issues of importance and position Fujifilm to address those
- Serve as the trusted, internal thought leader on legislative,
and public-sector matters, as well as on public sector strategic
decisions and the impact of these decisions.
- Represent Fujifilm on leading coalitions poised to impact and
drive the organization's policy objectives.
- Develop working relationship with key leaders and policy
makers, including but not limited to elected and appointed
legislative and congressional staff; administrative and regulatory
officials and staff, and other leaders in the federal executive and
legislative branches, with a key focus on those with jurisdictional
influence over health care funding, coverage, access and
- Develop policies, strategies, processes and plans for
communicating to diverse groups in a clear, strategic, and
sensitive professional manner.
- Lead presentations to the Board, Allies and other relevant
stakeholders to build consensus.Required Skills/Education
- Undergraduate degree required; postgraduate degree in a
relevant field preferred
- 15 years of successful leadership experience leading and
managing advocacy and public policy teams in a corporate,
association, and/or Capitol Hill/Administration setting.
- Organizational leadership and management experience, the
ability to motivate others to advance goals, and the ability to
effectively manage multiple projects or roles in a rapidly evolving
- Experience as a political strategist, working closely with
executive and legislative bodies, agencies, and departments at the
state and federal level.
- Ability to work with members in the development of policy
positions with the goal of producing aligned agendas that further
organizational priorities; demonstrated skills in leading
- Sound understanding of legislative processes and regulatory
programs that impact and its Ally organizations.
- Outstanding personal communicator with the stature and presence
to represent the organization at industry forums and events,
legislative arenas with stakeholders, partners, and other trade
associations, and a track record of nurturing positive
relationships with legislators, administrators, and lobbyists, as
well as with senior management.
- The ability to persuasively communicate complex concepts and
programs into concise and credible messages at the highest levels
of government and business, with a proven track record of
delivering high-volume and high-quality work.
- Executive presence and strong verbal, written and public
speaking and presentation skills, for both internal and external
audiences. Desired Skills
- The ability to balance multiple, sometimes conflicting
priorities to achieve a positive outcome.
- Ability to navigate high-impact and complex situations.
- An eagerness to execute a hands-on approach to build
credibility, relationships, and knowledge.
- A collaborative style, interactive with the courage and
conviction to challenge and defend ideas and strategies; ability to
offer creative pathways or alternative solutions both internally
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
EEO/COVID/AGENCY NOTES Fujifilm is an equal opportunity employer to
all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and
physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave,
gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information,
marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status,
national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex
(includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical
conditions), and sexual orientation, and any other status protected
by federal, state, or local law. If COVID-19 vaccine is mandated by
the federal government, or by state or local government, the
Company will require that the successful candidate hired for
positions covered under relevant government vaccine mandate(s) be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent being granted an
accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or
other legally required exemption. For all positions, the Company
encourages vaccination against COVID-19 and may require that the
successful candidate hired be willing to test for the COVID-19
virus periodically and wear a face covering indoors absent being
granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious
belief or other legally required exemption.To all agencies: Please,
no phone calls or emails to any employee of Fujifilm about this
requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment
agencies to any employee at Fujifilm via-email, the internet or in
any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of
Fujifilm, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged
by Fujifilm for this requisition and a valid agreement with
Fujifilm is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted
outside of the Fujifilm agency engagement process is hired, no fee
or payment of any kind will be paid.
Keywords: FNAC ID- FUJIFILM North America Corp Imaging Divis, Washington DC , VP, Public Policy & Government Affairs, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...