HRIS Manager - Workday
Company: Wounded Warrior Project
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Great benefits. Competitive pay. We know these are some of the
things people look for in a job.But if you're the kind of person
who also cares about making an impact and serving our nation's
wounded warriors and their families, then you're exactly the kind
of person we're looking for. When you join Wounded Warrior Project,
you're committing to making a difference. We make a commitment to
you too - helping you to find that spark, ignite your passion to
serve, and embark on a career with meaning and purpose.At Wounded
Warrior Project we recognize our mission cannot be accomplished
without our talented teammates, which is why we're proud to offer
benefits such as:
- A flexible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days' work
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage for both teammates AND
- Competitive pay and performance incentives
- A fun, mission focused and collaborative team environmentA
mission that matters is just the beginning, so if you're ready to
get started, we're ready for you.The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP)
HRIS Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the Workday
Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and ensures the systems
and processes meet the needs of the WWP organization. The HRIS
Manager leads a team of HRIS Specialists and serves as the subject
matter expert for HRIS operations, administration, and
integrations, ensuring system data integrity, efficient processes,
accurate and useful reports and dashboards, and full deployment and
maintenance of Workday HRIS.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the day-to-day operations of WWP's Workday human
resources information system.
- Manage a team of HRIS Specialists and serve as a mentor to the
team to develop their HRIS skills and abilities. Manage team
- Maintain internal database files and tables, and develop custom
reports to meet the requirements of management and staff.
- Collaborate across the Human Resources department and with
leadership to evaluate current processes and system functionality
and implement improvements and efficiencies. Recommend solutions or
alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Manage external systems integrations with Workday to ensure
data is securely and accurately transmitted.
- Audit current processes to ensure the integrity of the data,
processes, and system.
- Evaluate current processes and system functionality, serve as a
subject matter expert to ensure prompt implementation of
improvements and efficiencies.
- Oversee scheduled activities.
- Ensure HRIS issues are resolved promptly and address unexpected
results or process flaws.
- Ensure dashboards and reports meet the needs of the
organization. Provide direction to the team and write, maintain,
and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate
- Review, test, and implement Workday releases, system upgrades,
and patches, and coordinate with functional and technical staff for
the application of upgrades and fixes.
- Serve as liaison with accounting and payroll and business
applications teams to coordinate Workday process improvements.
- Recommend process improvements, innovative solutions, and
changes to improve HRIS service to the organization.
- Ensure appropriate HR platforms and system standard operating
procedures are maintained.
- Provide necessary training to meet end users' needs.
- Collaborate with human resource process owners to understand
the business case for development requests, process improvements,
interfaces (internal and external), and enhancements and with
appropriate IT resources to implement approved requirements.
- Other related duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated working understanding of human resources
information systems with strong expertise in Workday.
- Proficiency with HRIS database design, structure, functions,
- Demonstrated ability to promote a supportive working
environment where teammates are encouraged to proactively address
issues and solve problems.
- Strong relationship management skills with a demonstrated
ability to establish effective working relationships and accomplish
- Demonstrated ability to work pro-actively in a dynamic, fast
- Strong change management expertise.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to
quickly adapt to changing priorities and ensure deadlines are met.
Detail oriented with strong follow-through skills. Demonstrated
ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and direct multiple
activities with varied deadlines and deliver on time.
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills with the
ability to make sound judgments and take the initiative to
establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated
ability to work in a collaborative, team environment with ability
to communicate in a tactful, mature, and flexible manner.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills with the ability to
analyze complex systems issues and recommend creative, practical,
and high-impact solutions. Proactive problem solver.
- Ability to write Standard Operating Procedures and job aids and
write technical data in a manner easy to understand by
- Demonstrated strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, e.g.,
- Demonstrated success leading, coaching, and mentoring teams.
Proven management skills that foster an open dialog with staff.
Team-oriented and a desire to engage with others on day-to-day
- High energy level. Self-starter. Demonstrated initiative.
Strong work ethic coupled with enthusiastic approach to work.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Five years of experience working with complex HRIS
- Three years of experience with Workday HRIS
- Seven years of experience working as a Workday HRIS analyst or
- Five years of experience implementing or integrating Workday
- Three years of staff management
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, business
analytics, computer science, or related field. Equivalent
combination of education, experience, training, and certification
may be considered in lieu of degree.WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL
- General office environment, temperature controlled.
- Up to 5% travel.
- Sitting for extended periods.
*ca-kwWounded Warrior Project is an equal opportunity employer
committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship,
age, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.Please note:
Wounded Warrior Project is not seeking assistance or accepting
unsolicited resumes from search firms without a written search
agreement in place. All resumes submitted by search firms to any
employee at Wounded Warrior Project via email, the Internet or
directly to hiring managers at Wounded Warrior Project in any form
without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed
the sole property of Wounded Warrior Project, and no fee will be
paid in the event the candidate is hired by Wounded Warrior Project
as a result of the referral or through other means."
Keywords: Wounded Warrior Project, Washington DC , HRIS Manager - Workday, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!