Manager, Experience + Education
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Title:Manager, Experience + Education Department:Experience
+ EducationReports To:Senior Manager, Experience + EducationFLSA
Salary: Minimum $80,772, Mid-point $101,018, Max $121,158*Salary is
dependent upon experience*
This is a hybrid role, based at NCARB's office in Washington, D.C.
This is subject to change.About NCARB
The National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
is a nonprofit organization made up of the architectural licensing
boards of 55 U.S. states and territories. NCARB, in collaboration
with licensing boards, facilitates the licensure and credentialing
of architects to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the
public. Learn more about NCARB and how we achieve our mission by
About the Position
As part of a high-performing team of subject matter experts, the
Manager, Experience + Education (#3), manages and supports the
Council's education-related programs. This includes direct customer
service on Education Alternatives, as well as development and
management of education-related programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Lead and manage direct reports to implement goals, objectives
and priorities of the Council.
- Delegate and empower direct reports. Give appropriate
recognition to others. Lead people toward meeting the Council's
vision, mission, and goals.
- Consult with and keep supervisor informed on status of all
- Manage performance and professional development of direct
- Build coalitions internally and externally (with peers, direct
reports, team members, Member Boards, volunteers, collateral and
associated organizations, ) to share best practices and achieve
- Facilitate cooperation and teamwork throughout the
- Communicate and operate in an open manner so that decisions and
actions are clear and visible. Responsive
- Embrace ownership and take responsibility for the
- Follow through on commitments.
- Be open to feedback and flexible to changing needs, priorities,
- Participate in outreach events as needed.Restless
- Motivate and create a high performing team of staff and
volunteers. Include appropriate people in decision making process,
consider diverse perspectives and experiences. Ensure that the
Council builds on these differences to reach unbiased and
- Treat customers, colleagues, and employees in a fair and
- Reinforce organizational branding throughout the Council.
- Consistently exercise sound judgment; and, professional,
expert, courteous, respectful, and responsive service to internal
and external stakeholders. Core Responsibilities - Department
- Manage Education Alternative programs, including eligibility
evaluation and direct customer service
- Manage IPAL program, including annual reporting, support of
faculty program contacts, and new IPAL program approval and
- Manage the creation of resources and programs for educators
teaching Professional Practice courses
- Support NCARB Scholars in Professional Practice
- Support the vice president's strategic leadership in research,
development, and implementation of E+E programs and
- Partner closely with the vice president, E+E team, and
colleagues across the Council to ensure clarity and understanding
of E+E programs' vision, mission and goals.
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of the E+E
- Regularly assess the efficiencies of E+E policies and Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure best practices and process
- Implement policy and procedural changes as directed.
- Liaise with volunteers, consultants, vendors, firms, schools,
components, collaterals, and other experts as appropriate.
- Collaborate on program messaging and develop
communications.Research and Program Development
- Support new Council initiatives and events related to education
and continuing education
- Cultivate, promote, and grow awareness of E+E programs and
initiatives and expand participation.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and staff liaison (as
assigned) on E+E programs and initiatives; and, collaborate with
other SMEs, consultants and committees, focus groups, and/or task
forces on research, development and implementation of programs and
- Other duties as assignedCustomer Service
- Maintain subject matter expertise of E + E programs, rules, and
- Assist with escalated customer service issues for E + E
programs as needed Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Bachelor's Degree, or, combination of substantial related
experience, training, and education may substitute.
- Five years work experience in Architecture, higher education,
and/or a non-profit association
- Previous experience managing people, projects, or events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated skill in self-managing multiple tasks
- Ability to both complete tasks independently and work
collaboratively with others.
- Ability to comprehend and explain complex programs, and analyze
them relative to novel situations.
- Demonstrated proficiency using technology and a wide variety of
software applications to include Adobe (PDF) Applications and
Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and
- Demonstrated skill and comfort utilizing a variety of
cloud-based software applications.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and a
genuine interest in helping others to succeed (both co-workers and
customers) are imperative.
- Ability to travel 25-30% of the time annually, including
- Education or experience in higher education (teaching or
administration); curriculum development; or adult education.
- Previous work or educational experience in architecture or
other licensed professional service occupations.
- Direct customer service or consultative sales experience
- Past experience using Monday.com, Zendesk, M-Files, Box, or
- Experience customizing software tools - for example, developing
templates or creating workflows.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Graphic literacy / graphic design skills
NCARB's employees enjoy a comprehensive set of benefits that
include strong support for health and wellness, some nice perks,
and professional development. Some highlights include:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, vision, and dental Benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Life and disability insurance
- Tuition assistance
- All-staff outings and retreats
- Full access to LinkedIn Learning, supporting
self-directed/curated professional development
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
As of November 1, 2021, all employees must be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19. NCARB will provide an exception to this vaccination
requirement only for employees with an approved medical or
Keywords: NCARB, Washington DC , Manager, Experience + Education, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!