Sign Shop Manager
Company: RoadSafe Traffic Systems
Location: Upper Marlboro
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Fabricate aluminum and construction signs, help prepare sign
orders, help keep inventory of stock, and performs a variety of
general shop duties.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: *
* Cut, radius, and sheet aluminum and composite signs
* Trim edges of sheeted sign blanks.
* Mark, position and apply letters to sign face.
* Assist with custom layout for printing process.
* Operate squeeze roll machine.
* Lifts, carries, loads and unloads various construction items
including line painting supplies, signs, tools, steel, aluminum,
wood and hardware, etc.
* Prepares, cleans and sweeps work areas and maintain a neat,
orderly, work environment.
* Pull orders for devices to be delivered to construction
* Make sure trucks are loaded with proper equipment for set
* Loads and unload trucks manually and with forklifts.
* Organizing warehouse and shelves
* Assist with product inventory
* Proper use of power tools to cut, drill, and perform various shop
* Ensure all safety rules and procedures are adhered to at all
* Perform other work related duties as assigned.
*ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: *
* Count incoming aluminum blanks and place in storage areas.
* Measure and cut aluminum and composite sheets to required
* Clean signs after fabrication.
* Maintain clean work areas.
* Perform other work related duties as assigned
*EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED: *
* Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
* Must be able to pass a background check, drug test
* Must be able to meet DOT standards and requirements
* Ability to work flexible hours.
* High School Diploma or equivalent is required
* Previous experience in sign production preferred
* Flexi and Graph Tech software is a plus
*We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $26.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
* Signing bonus
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Upper Marlboro, MD 20774: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Required)
* Must have experience with fabricating signs (Max metal, aluminum
or composite), Flexi software and inventory experience.
* Driver's License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
* 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: RoadSafe Traffic Systems, Washington DC , Sign Shop Manager, Executive , Upper Marlboro, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!