Manager of Health Education
Company: Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*A full-time position focused on providing information and
resources to families and individuals living with osteogenesis
imperfecta, their loved ones and medical professionals.*
The Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation has an opening for a manager
of health education to help promote and improve the health and
quality of life of people living with this rare genetic disorder by
providing medically verified information and creating new
educational programs in a variety of formats. Visit www.oif.org for
more information about OI.
You would be joining a team of professionals dedicated to the
mission of the OI Foundation and the people we serve. The open
position is based in the OI Foundation's national office in
Gaithersburg, Maryland and offers a generous benefits package with
three days per week remote work option.
The Manager of Heath Education will answer questions about OI and
serve as a resource to the patient and professional communities.
The Manager of Education will oversee education programs and
resources including virtual and in-person clinic town hall
meetings, held twice annually, mutual support programs for
patients, and online educational resources which include toolkit
and one-page factsheets.
* Prepare and distribute educational materials that reflect the
many needs of people with OI
* Prepare, update, and distribute education materials for a variety
of medical professionals including physicians, nurses and social
workers including toolkits and factsheets
* Maintain databases including the clinic directory, mailing lists,
telephone networks and other information to facilitate the
functioning of the health education programs.
* Monitor OIF social media sites to ascertain types of information
constituents are seeking and engage when appropriate.
* Represent OIF at meetings and activities as assigned that will
increase the visibility of the organization
* Make recommendations on innovative ways to reach various parts of
the OI community - webinars, etc.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple
* Must be able to work in a team environment.
* Travel will be required 2-5 times per year
* Position will allow for three days per week remote work and two
days in-office at the Gaithersburg, MD office
* Ability to respond with empathy and professionalism to community
and stakeholder inquiries
* A Bachelor's Degree and two years of experience or equivalent
work experience working with a patient advocacy or voluntary health
The Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without
discrimination because of race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, or any other legally protected status. Join us as we
work together to find new and improved treatments for people living
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Gaithersburg, MD
Keywords: Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation, Washington DC , Manager of Health Education, Executive , Gaithersburg, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!