Manager, Employee Relations
Company: Rocketship Education
Posted on: September 24, 2022
At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite
possibility of human potential. We believe that every student
deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their
unique potential. And it is our responsibility and our privilege to
unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our
non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels
student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners
with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in
their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders,
and students working together to transform the future for
underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public
Schools, we are unleashing potential.
As a champion of Rocketship's mission, culture and values, the
Employee Relations (ER) Manager is responsible for the development
and administration of the ER program. Reporting to the Director,
Human Resources Business Partners, this position will work closely
with managers to drive the ER strategy, maintain related policies
and processes, and develop and improve programs related to employee
morale and engagement.
* Management and resolution of complex employee relations issues,
including conducting effective, thorough, and objective
* Maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to
day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and
ensuring regulatory compliance.
* Working closely with leadership and employees to improve working
relationships, building morale, increasing productivity, and
* Conducts exit interviews per established procedures and
recommends actions to management to address issues.
* Analyzes turnover data and provide recommendations to decrease
* Provides HR management support for all employees functional
* Provides positive quality communications and interactions with
employees, supports strategic imperatives and delivers excellent
internal and external customer satisfaction.
* Maintains an open door relationship with all employees.
* Acts as the supporting point of contact for managers, providing
expertise and guidance in the areas of organizational performance,
performance management, culture and change management, and
* Builds performance management system and tools to support
managers with team development and coaching.
* Works with management to complete Performance Improvement Plans
and assists with communication to employees. Conducts follow-up to
ensure plans are successfully completed. Recommends employment
action if necessary.
* Coaches business leaders on leadership behaviors and practices,
employee communication, development and performance management
strategies and tactics to promote engagement, inclusivity, and a
culture of continuous growth and development.
* Assists managers with employee development programs. Guides
employees and mentors management in developing plans and supporting
* Participates in developing annual department goals/objectives,
and assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of
department in relation to established goals.
* Leverages all systems, tools, and resources to support completion
of HR projects.
* Engages in recommending and implementing process changes-
continuous improvement to drive efficiency.
* Keeps a pulse on all employees to ensure we are delivering
excellence in the employee experience.
* Facilitate the implementation of DEI workforce strategies.
* Other HR duties as assigned.
* Required :
* 5+ years related HR experience required with demonstrated
* Bachelor's degree required. Field of study in Human Resources,
Organizational Development, Labor Relations, Business, or related
* Deep commitment to Rocketship's mission to eliminate the
achievement gap in our lifetime.
* Deep commitment to RSED employees and enhancing workplace culture
* Possess the core characteristics required of every
Rocketeer-mission- driven, innovative, disciplined thinker,
collaborative, and personally responsible.
* Creative thinker who enjoys thinking outside of the box and
having fun while doing it.
* Ability to build trust, relationships and credibility quickly
with people in various roles at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to independently and effectively manage time in an
environment with multiple work-streams and competing
* Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, high-stakes
relationships and engagements. simultaneously with a high degree of
* Ability to build and manage group culture and navigate complex
* Ability to differentiate content / experiences to address local
context and group-specific needs effectively.
* Track record for delivering results through successful program
design and implementation, ideally in a client facing, change
management, or consulting role.
* Team player with extraordinary communications skills, high
tolerance for ambiguity and a rapidly changing environment.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics,
research, and trends into strategy.
Rocketship is committed to the health and safety of our Rocketeers
and complies with federal and state vaccine guidelines. For this
reason, Rocketship is requiring employees in most regions,
including National, California, District of Columbia, and Wisconsin
employees, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Tennessee and
Texas regions are not included in this requirement. Under this
requirement, applicable employees are subject to vaccination as a
condition of employment or subject to religious or medical
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
functions. While performing the duties of this position, the
employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with
both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to
use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach
with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific
vision abilities required by this position include close vision,
distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level
in the work environment is moderate to high.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent
health and welfare benefits, 403b retirement plan, flexible
spending account (FSA), and generous paid time off.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status,
amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with
applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful
employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability,
or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of
Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job
duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual
Harassment Policy and here for our Title IX Policy. For questions,
concerns, or complaints, please contact Equity/Discrimination Title
IX Compliance Officer, Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109,
Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.
Keywords: Rocketship Education, Washington DC , Manager, Employee Relations, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!