Manager of Projects, Facility Asset Management (FAM)
Company: Parks, Experiences and Products
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Manager of Projects oversees the operational success of the
department by ensuring seamless team management and development,
project delivery, quality control and evaluation. This includes
direction and implementation of construction projects, ensuring
consistency with department strategy, commitments, and goals.
Develop and lead multiple complex projects while managing budgets,
schedules, risks and constraints. Develop and evaluate construction
program models and controls while selecting and delivering
innovative projects. You will report to the Manager of Programs.
Responsibilities : You Will:
- Lead and mentors team to prioritize and accomplish high-impact
project activities. Train individuals on project management
processes, professional development and uphold ways to incorporate
diversity within the team.
- Ability to clearly communicate a direction and engage the team
to work towards a goal while being able to adjust to changing
- Lead team to develop projects that achieve stakeholder goals
and provide creative solutions to maximize value while finding
- Influence partners and peers to support project solutions while
facilitating and inviting diverse points of view.
- Develop bid strategies including administration of contracts,
scope of work, creative bid alternates, and operational
- Overseeing portfolio schedules, helping establish project
planning tasks to ensure schedule compliance, and ensuring man
loading requirements by contractors to achieve the desired
completion date. Foresee issues based on historical precedence by
anticipating and mitigating known risk.
- Coordinate operational constraints and job goals concurrently
to achieve a seamless project implementation. Including
communication with partners, clients, and leadership regarding
project status, schedule, financial and guest impacts.
- Knowledgeable with multiple software programs, such as SAP,
Microsoft suite, and project management tools. Use project and
contract management systems to manage the daily operation of the
- Oversee issuance of field directives, obtaining costing
concurrence from Estimating, conversion to change orders, and
management approvals to ensure accurate EFC reporting and job
closeouts. Develop a project capital authorization request, and
build mitigation of operational impacts into the process.
- Make suggestions to lessen operational impact and negotiate
with operators to implement projects in the most cost-effective
manner. Basic Qualifications : You Have:
- 7+ years of experience in Architecture, Engineering, or
Construction Management, or commercial facilities construction
- Knowledge of construction methods and the ability to interpret
design drawings and specs.
- Knowledge of construction and project management processes, and
- Expertise with construction finance (budgets, cash flows,
- 5+ years of experience leading a team
- Facilitation skills Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience driving effective decision-making with executive
leaders across all project phases.
- Experience with multiple complex projects while managing risks
and constraints. Required Education :
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university in
Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management.
- Preferred Education :
- MBA/Graduate Level Degree
- PE license
- PMP certification Additional Information : Benefits and Perks:
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life.
This includes health and savings benefits, educational
opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide.
Learn more about our benefits and perks at Safety22
Keywords: Parks, Experiences and Products, Washington DC , Manager of Projects, Facility Asset Management (FAM), Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!