Senior Conference Services Manager
Company: HEI Hotels & Resorts
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Create the desired conference and meet clients' needs through
active communication, planning, and team leadership.
* An understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual
* Understand the importance of raising the meeting planner
evaluation scores and implement effective methods to ensure
exceeding meeting planner satisfaction.
* Optimize room rental charges.
* Consistently participate in the re-booking of repeat business by
having a track record of long term client relationships.
* Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE,
* Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing
skills as well as negotiating skills.
* Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client
* Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus,
and functions for groups. Ability to generate creative and
innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing
* Work closely with banquet department on operations and event
execution, ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a
plan of action.
* Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation
of operations. Detailed execution of all banquet event orders
generated by the Convention Services Department.
* Experience providing Audio/Visual equipment and operating
Audio/Visual as a profit center.
* Excellent knowledge of computers, specifically Delphi, Word and
* Monitor group room blocks and pick up, generate detailed resumes
for the operating departments.
* Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client
satisfaction for all events/groups.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* Prior experience in the field of hospitality with specific
experience in catering sales is essential.
* Minimum of 1year within the Hospitality Industry required.
* Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
* High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use
of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi.
* Knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and
motivation of peers.
* Knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels
within the market.
* Ability to execute appropriate action plans.
* Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans,
security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations,
preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget
forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and
* Ability to work effectively under time constraints and
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!For your physical and mental wellness we offer
competitive Medical and Dental programs through Anthem Blue Cross
Blue Shield as well as Vision insurance programs through EyeMed.
Our Vacation, Sick and Holiday programs are available for you to
rejuvenate with time off. For your financial wellness, HEI provides
a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child
Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our
401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our
'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional
incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
Specific details and eligibility of these programs vary by location
and employment status.
Work today, get paid today! We proudly partner with DailyPay, a
voluntary benefit that allows our associates access to their
earnings when they want them.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: HEI Hotels & Resorts, Washington DC , Senior Conference Services Manager, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!