Senior Product Manager, Data
Company: Chainalysis Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Chainalysis is the market leader in blockchain analytics. Our
data platform and analytical capabilities are the foundation for
our investigation, transaction monitoring and market intelligence
products. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager in our Data
Intelligence team. This team is responsible for acquiring
blockchain data, developing new techniques to map activity on the
blockchain to real-world entities and surfacing the data in our
products.As part of your responsibilities, you will craft and
execute strategies for acquiring new cryptocurrencies, work with a
team of brilliant data scientists and software engineers, lead the
development of analytical techniques to map entities on the
blockchain, create tools and features for our customers to
understand blockchain activity, and prioritize customer requests
vs. new research-based modeling initiatives. Our ideal candidate is
comfortable with ambiguity and enjoys diving deep and translating
complex data and product problems into crystal clear product
requirement documents and roadmaps. As part of this role, you will
work with other PMs, CS, sales and engineering.In one year you'll
know you were successful if...
- You are an expert in all of our analytical capabilities to map
blockchain activity to real-world entities. You have deep knowledge
of all our data assets and their strengths and weaknesses.
- You deeply understand our customers' problems in cryptocurrency
investigations and transaction monitoring, and have translated
these pain-points into quantitative problems that the Data
Intelligence team can solve.
- You have come up with a framework for acquiring new
cryptocurrencies, created a robust coin acquisition roadmap,
crafted a strategy for DeFi and executed against it.
- You have set clear OKRs for the team, got buy-in from your
stakeholders and started delivering against those OKRs. You
understand the controllable inputs into the team's OKRs.
- You have implemented robust planning processes, created clear
roadmaps and rallied the data science and engineering teams around
- You have created several clearly-written PRDs and launched new
features in our products.
- You have created frameworks for prioritization between customer
requests vs. research-led modeling initiatives.
- You have successfully presented long-term plans to senior
leadership and got their buy-in to execute on a long-term plan for
modeling and cryptocurrency acquisition.
- You are an expert in accessing and analyzing all of
Chainalysis' datasets including blockchain data, product usage data
and financial metrics.A Background Like This Helps
- Educational background in Computer Science, Engineering, Math,
Statistics, Economics or a quantitative discipline preferred.
- Experience in building data products or products with a
significant data component, e.g. recommendation products or
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication
- Minimum 6 years of work experience or minimum 3 years of
product management experience with proven results.
- Comfortable conducting data analysis independently - e.g. SQL,
Tableau, Python, Excel and/or other.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills still
delivering timely results.
- A Just Do It attitude and ability to move with urgency and
- An ownership mindset - acts and makes decisions on behalf of
the company, not just the team. Never heard of the words "not my
job".The Following Would Differentiate You
- Experience in the crypto industry and/or understanding of
- You were a software engineer or data scientist in a previous
role.At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency
businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate
illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage
confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with
great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.You
belong here. At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of
experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and
employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team
reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we're
ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days
of Reflection throughout the year including International Women's
Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant's Day,
and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our
diversity culture.We encourage applicants across any race,
ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability,
experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations
to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a
disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here.
We can't wait to meet you.Applying from the EU? Please review our
Candidate GDPR Notice.By submitting this application, I consent to
and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any
and all other persons and organizations for information bearing
upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the
listed employers, schools and personal references to give
Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information
about my previous employment and education, along with other
pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions
which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a
reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on
the Company receiving satisfactory employment
references.Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USAAll employees are
required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of
employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved.
All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All
new employees shall be required to provide proof of their
vaccination status prior to the start of their
employment.Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEAAs an employer,
Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working
environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus
from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged
to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all
employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel
internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed "green
or amber" by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for
Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere
to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive
approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any
screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting
the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel
restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the
event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must
immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others
for 10 daysChainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APACWith circumstances
changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and
out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country
legislation and guidelines.
Keywords: Chainalysis Inc., Washington DC , Senior Product Manager, Data, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!