Company: MV Transportation
Posted on: June 25, 2022
MV Transportation is seeking a General Manager who will provide
support, leadership and direction to assigned operating location to
ensure delivery of annual business plans. He/she will control the
daily operation of our transportation contract, in compliance with
the policies of the contracting agency and in conformance with
company procedures. Position is located in White Plains, MD. Job
- Effectively manage customer relations through both direct
contact and outreach programs.
- Identify, select, train and mentor location staff.
- Effectively and frequently communicate with location staff and
support team members.
- Oversee vehicle maintenance plan and ensures fleet availability
to meet service requirements.
- Oversee safety and training programs, plans and processes to
ensure compliance with company, contract and regulatory
- Maintain client contact routinely to meet or exceed
- Conduct periodic departmental audits.
- Daily, weekly and monthly review of key operational
- Ensure that all location financial metrics are managed
continuously, exceptions are reported and action plans are
developed to ensure the location meets it financial, safety and
- Implement, promote and adhere to company policies and
- Interact with bridges committee to effectuate positive changes
to policies, procedures and programs.
- Participate in location(s) labor and employee relations
- Provide insight and information to support location(s) contract
- Create and present location(s) annual budget.Talent
- College degree or equivalent business management
- Management experience required.
- Must have a minimum of (5) five years of comprehensive
experience in operations management and a combination of (7) seven
years of management or supervisory experience in a paratransit
environment with knowledge of Trapeze scheduling software.
- Must have labor/union(s) negations/expenses expertise.
- Must have a full understanding of dispatch, scheduling, driver
recruitment, and safety DOT and FTA compliance.
- MS Office, strong analytical skills, strong written and verbal
communication skills and high degree of multi-tasking skills.
- Additional duties/responsibilities based upon individual
contract requirements. During the course of employment, employees
may receive and have access to confidential information. All
employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality
of non-public customer and business records and any other
information that MV classifies as confidential.MV Transportation is
committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not
discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race,
color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical
or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic
information or any other legally recognized protected basis under
federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The
information collected by this application is solely to determine
suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment
statistics on applicants. Where permissible under applicable state
and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug
test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of
Keywords: MV Transportation, Washington DC , General Manager, Executive , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!